• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Webchat knew my phone

Anyone know how this works:
Just contacted a business via webchat regarding an order that was just delivered - the order was in my wifes name, her email her phone.
But the guy on webchat knew the phone I was using was registered to me (I gave it to my wife 18months ago).

Question is: why do they keep this info and why for that long??

True, but my point is that phone hasn't been mine for 18 months now - just spooks me out LOL
And I'm not the sort of person with a gazillion online accounts and loads of apps, I'm quite protective over my info

True, but my point is that phone hasn't been mine for 18 months now - just spooks me out LOL
And I'm not the sort of person with a gazillion online accounts and loads of apps, I'm quite protective over my info
i don't think this is an online issue. when my friend calls somebody new, on the new person's phone the caller id lists a different person. once that new person enters my friends info into the phone, it will change.....so somehow his number is still tied to a previous person who had that number before him.

this could be the same type of situation. not sure how you can fix this. but maybe check with your provider and see what they say.

either way i believe that it is caller id that is at fault.

i don't think this is an online issue. when my friend calls somebody new, on the new person's phone the caller id lists a different person. once that new person enters my friends info into the phone, it will change.....so somehow his number is still tied to a previous person who had that number before him.

this could be the same type of situation. not sure how you can fix this. but maybe check with your provider and see what they say.

either way i believe that it is caller id that is at fault.
Say on topic of that, my phone has been picking up different numbers.. At least all of them are my family though.

Back
Top Bottom