• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Webpages randomly appearing

SuzetteL

Lurker
I have uninstalled every app that could be causing this, and scanned with Avast, Trustco, Malwarebytes and more... they don't find anything.

I've googled the problem and found others have had this problem and only a factory reset stopped it. That seems drastic to me. Any suggestions?
 
It's clearly adware from an app or your browser. Clear your browser's cache (and the phone cache while you're at it) and then recheck your installed apps. Because it comes as part of a legit app, most malware scanners will assume you know about it and it's okay so it won't be reported.

The reason why a factory reset both works and doesn't work is that when you reset all the user-installed apps get removed. And when you reload all your apps after that the ads will com back, if it's from an app you use regularly.
 
Adguard didn't work, but I found an app called Block It. I haven't had a website pop up since, so fingers crossed.

I removed any new apps I had installed on my phone, but since it kept happening, something must have been left behind. I cleared the cache, bookmarks, etc.

I have a new phone and I was trying to find replacement apps for ASUS apps I had on my previous phone.
 
Have a look at the free NoRoot Firewall app at the PS.

You can allow or deny wifi and/or data web accesses to your phone on an app by app

basis. This will allow you to determine which app(s) are the cuprit(s).

Once you find the culprit app(s), you can then further refine allowing/denying web

accesses by the app(s) on a URL by URL basis. This will allow you to isolate which URL

is sending the unwanted crap.

A pretty cool little app which I use the hell out of.
 
I have a new phone and I was trying to find replacement apps for ASUS apps I had on my previous phone.

I transferred the *same* apps from my ASUS phone to my other phone. Using an app called Xender, unlike SHAREit, it allows to transfer system apps.

Not all work though, here are some that work and I still use:
- Mirror
- QuickMemo
- Weather
- Flaslight
- ZenUI Launcher (Sometimes doesn't work)
- Share Link (I think this one is also on Play Store)
- Music
- Clock

The rest either don't work properly, or I haven't tried transferring them.
 
I transferred the *same* apps from my ASUS phone to my other phone. Using an app called Xender, unlike SHAREit, it allows to transfer system apps.

Not all work though, here are some that work and I still use:
- Mirror
- QuickMemo
- Weather
- Flaslight
- ZenUI Launcher (Sometimes doesn't work)
- Share Link (I think this one is also on Play Store)
- Music
- Clock

The rest either don't work properly, or I haven't tried transferring them.
 
Back
Top Bottom