• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help weird area code

ZeroShot

this just started i think. i tried dialing just a number today to call something local and it put a 617 area code on the number. that is not mine. so i tried dialing my area code then the number and it dial fine. so this 617 area code is somewhere, how do i change it?

only thing new that I've changed lately is putting cwm on.

were you in Massachusetts at the time? That is one of the area codes for the Boston area

Hmm... ...that's odd. Phones are a little weird here in Mass and that's a Mass area code. We actually have two area codes for each area, where I am it is 508/774. Boston is 617/781 (I think, I'm positive about the 617 part). We have to dial the 10 digit number whether using cell or land line. I worked in CT for a bit and it took me about a 100 phone calls to get used to only dialing the 7 digit phone number.

wait okay so when you dial your voicemail, on the first 3 #'s, they are not of your area code? um idk but..
If thats what you mean, Settings > Call Settings > VoiceMail Settings > Tap on Voicemail number, and change it. i havent tried it though. !

No my voicemail is fine. If a dial a number with out area code (to try and call the number local) it adds 617 as the area code.

Well I flashed to stock++ and it fixed itself. Have no idea where it was or how to fix it but flashing did. Thx for the input and trying to help.

Back
Top Bottom