• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird Sound

2663KML

So i had this phone about 2-3 weeks now and when play any kind of media it makes this Weird sound like a beep sort of sound for a split sec :confused:hard to explain. The first one i had did it plus this one. Was wondering if anyone else had this problem ?

i have this problem too. i didn't before, with my old set of headphones, but i recently got some new ones, and once in a while, i get this weird clipping buzz sound.
sometimes it happens when i get a push notification or a text. i use groupme a lot, so when i'm using my headphones and listening to music, i'll get the buzz when i get a new message.
other times, however, it'll make the buzz out of nowhere when i'm listening to music.
kinda weird, i guess.

i have this problem too. i didn't before, with my old set of headphones, but i recently got some new ones, and once in a while, i get this weird clipping buzz sound.
sometimes it happens when i get a push notification or a text. i use groupme a lot, so when i'm using my headphones and listening to music, i'll get the buzz when i get a new message.
other times, however, it'll make the buzz out of nowhere when i'm listening to music.
kinda weird, i guess.

Yeah same here I thought I was going crazy, not really sure what cause it the only thing I can think of its some sort of radio issue or something.

Have any of you Edited the build.prop in any way?. Not sure what it is but when I edit mine to unlock most apps in the play store, I get that noise you are mentioning. As soon as I return to stock build.prop the noise disappears. Even though I didn't edit any sound files.. maybe its something to do with that SRS sound enhancement.

Perhaps your phone has a Robot Soldier inside.
mr9ER9n.jpg

I have never encountered this problem before, after a root, flashing a stock / recovery rom provided on the guide, and then proceeding to remove any trace of Metro Applications, Third Party, and nearly all ZTE ones as well, following the guide found in the same sub-forum too.

I also use the SiriusXM Internet Radio application extensively, and have not heard any of these sounds. I wonder if it's the 'Music.apk' and 'Music2.apk' found inside your phone. I am not sure what exactly they do, but they were listed as 'safe to remove', yet I'm still able to play music (somehow through the ES File Browser, if not, through YouTube or my Radio).

I have not touched the build.prop file in any manner, before, during and after the operation.

Back
Top Bottom