• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Well 4G with verizon won't be unlimited.

You can already stream pretty good looking video over the internet with 3G. Not sure what I'd need 4G for except perhaps using it to tether to my home computer and not having to pay for home internet service.

Yeah 3G does stream pretty well, but if its able to produce instantaneous streaming of video, and fast load up web pages, 4G would benefit. I believe it would mostly benefit the flash based pages to be honest. I know even some flash games take awhile to load up on my home computer (no, my computer isn't wacked out and slow, but because of internet speeds) so I cant imagine it with 3G speeds trying to load up flash games. Its still a bummer that verizon is going to offer tier packages, and I can guess already that they will be overpriced. Anybody wanna give some examples of what they might charge? lol

From article:
Especially when McAdam also conceded that the cost of carrying 1MB of data over LTE will be half to a third that of 3G data transfer.

I used to really love Verizon and would tell all my friends to switch over. But if this is Verizon's stance then they can go suck a dick.

You can already stream pretty good looking video over the internet with 3G. Not sure what I'd need 4G for except perhaps using it to tether to my home computer and not having to pay for home internet service.

We won't see much benefits of 4g for most things we do on our phones. Other than improving the quality of streaming media, we will little difference in speed. The real benefits of 4g is on the network. LTE is ip based and is much more efficient with spectrum than Verizon's current EVDO. Better spectrum efficiency means a more consistent and reliable data network. So when more and more people get smartphones, we won't get congested cell towers and drop signal.

Back
Top Bottom