• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root WFS Can't Over-Clock & Stuck @ Boot Screen

I've had my WFS for about a year and with the awesome support of CafeKampuchia's thread, was able to unlock it having S-ON. The phone works awesome with CM7 and HenseMod ROMs. But that's it! Whenever I've tried to install other ROMs (for example, mindhackers ROMs or WildChild by Tigger31337 on xdaDevelopers) the phone, after flashing the ROM, is always stuck at the boot screen. I've tried all methods, everything, but none have worked. It's really frustrating to know that all other WFS users are enjoying with awesome ROMs while I've got to stick to just 2!

Could someone provide any help or share their experiences here?

Okay, it's just that I'm a bit nervous about doing the whole thing again, you know..........
Doing it the first time had my heart beating like crazy! ;-)

Install data2sd after booting first to android then after fully booted to sense go back to recovery and install data2sd.

Hi there, mate! Thanks for your prompt support! :D
I think you know what the problem with my phone is (post 1).
And I bet it's overclocking that's the problem cause even on HenseMod when I try to overclock, the phone reboots and comes back to default clock settings...

I even tried to flash your OC script/ change the init.d values in Winrar...but it still doesn't get past the HTC logo...I've waited for 15 min always...

the only 2 ROMs that work on my phone are CM7 and HenseMod....

Do you think there's anything else I could do?

If it were my phone, I'd flash back to a stock ROM using an RUU, re-root it, do a nandroid and start over.

How do I find out what RUU I need? Should it be HTC Asia India or could it be HTC asia WWE or HTC asia TW...?

Edit: I used HTC Asia India RUU the first time I unlocked my bootloader...

Here's the link to Football's RUU collection for WFS:
[ROM]Shipped Marvel ROM Collection - xda-developers

What RUU to flash depends upon the region you bought it. All the generic unbranded RUUs say something like "HTC Asia" or "HTC EU" and have less bloatware. I'd stick with them even if the phone was branded originally. And my phone is an Asian Hong Kong or Singapore market phone, but I flashed the HTC Europe RUU. The most important thing is that you don't try to flash a CDMA RUU on a GSM device or vice versa.

Edit: For more detail on the process check out this post.

Here's the link to Football's RUU collection for WFS:
[ROM]Shipped Marvel ROM Collection - xda-developers

What RUU to flash depends upon the region you bought it. All the generic unbranded RUUs say something like "HTC Asia" or "HTC EU" and have less bloatware. I'd stick with them even if the phone was branded originally. And my phone is an Asian Hong Kong or Singapore market phone, but I flashed the HTC Europe RUU. The most important thing is that you don't try to flash a CDMA RUU on a GSM device or vice versa.

Edit: For more detail on the process check out this post.

http://androidforums.com/wildfire-s...europe_2-26-401-3-dscplx1-v1-1-oc-kernel.html

That's one by disciplexone. Do you think I could flash it? It says it'll even make the phone OC-able.....???

If it were my phone, I'd flash back to a stock ROM using an RUU, re-root it, do a nandroid and start over.

So what I must do is download a Stock Rom with a compatible RUU, flash it, after flashing (just) re-root my phone (no need to perform all that S-On stuff again, right?), do a nandroid and then I could try to install those custom OC Roms?

Please tell me if i could flash the rom with the RUU in post 11...

Yes, but that will only flash the boot and system partitions and will not return the phone to a completely stock state.

If your phone is an A510e, flash either the HTC Asia, HTC Asia India or HTC EU depending upon your region. That should do it.

Yes, but that will only flash the boot and system partitions and will not return the phone to a completely stock state.

If your phone is an A510e, flash either the HTC Asia, HTC Asia India or HTC EU depending upon your region. That should do it.

OKay, so one last time:
first: download the htc asia india ruu/htc eu (here I have a doubt...there's a htc eu ruu that's very recent..2.13.something...is that okay?).

second:flash it from CWM recovery? or some other method?

third: re-root it with supertoolv3.0

do a nandroid.
flash custom kernel/ROm...

is that correct?
Thanks for all your support...i really want to be good at all this stuff...being a Comp. Engg student, i should know all this...:)

Here's what you need to do:

Fully charge the battery.

Relock the bootloader using the following command:
Code:
fastboot oem lock

Then boot the phone into bootloader by pulling the battery for a couple seconds and replacing it, holding down volume and pressing the power button.

Once in bootloader, select Fastboot using the volume rocker and pressing power. Then connect the USB cable. You should see FASTBOOT USB.

Run the RUU from Windows and follow the wizard. The Asia India RUU should be fine.

Once the install is down you'll have unlock the bootloader again using the token you already have from the first time, reflash cwm recovery and re-root. All this will be 10x easier than the first time.

And yes, do a backup ;)

Here's what you need to do:

Fully charge the battery.

Relock the bootloader using the following command:
Code:
fastboot oem lock
Then boot the phone into bootloader by pulling the battery for a couple seconds and replacing it, holding down volume and pressing the power button.

Once in bootloader, select Fastboot using the volume rocker and pressing power. Then connect the USB cable. You should see FASTBOOT USB.

Run the RUU from Windows and follow the wizard. The Asia India RUU should be fine.

Once the install is down you'll have unlock the bootloader again using the token you already have from the first time, reflash cwm recovery and re-root. All this will be 10x easier than the first time.

And yes, do a backup

CK, I've downloaded all that I need.
Do I need to boot the phone into boot loader before doing the 'fastboot lock thing' or can i do it with CM7 running (and connecting the phone in charge only mode)?

CK, I sincerely thank you for your time and guidance. :) ;)

When I'm done with the whole process I'll give you the complete feedback and hopefully will have greater knowledge about this whole concept.

I'm really glad I could help :D

Yes, you must unlock from bootloader. Sorry I didn't mention it.

CK, I've got exams going on, so I'm not going into all of this till next Saturday.

The links over at FileFactory for the Stock ROMs are dead (plus there's no HTC Asia India Stock ROM. So I've decided to go for HTC Marvel Europe).

If you could, please send me a link to where I'll be able to find the ROMs, but take your time. :-)

Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks also to Caro332 and disciplexone.

See you guys soon.

Yeah it doesn't seem to have India but it does have HTC Asia. I think when I first unlocked my bootloader, India didn't even exist at that time so I had used HTC Asia

Okay guys, I'm back, and I'm planning to throw away this phone...the touch responsiveness has worsened with each passing day...I couldn't unlock the lockscreen for the whole day yesterday! It just wouldn't budge...and I can't go the the service center with my problem since my warranty is already void...

Back
Top Bottom