• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What ails us: 2019

One of my cousins has lupus @MoodyBlues. She's older than me and still living AFAIK. Long story...
I'm interested if you're inclined to share.

My aunt died, with no warning, at 48. My uncle, a physician, came home and found her just outside one set of patio doors, with shopping bags scattered around. Even though he KNEW she was dead, he couldn't accept it and tried to resuscitate her, after calling 911. The paramedics came and immediately concluded what he already knew. :(

She had lupus, and severe asthma, but no one was prepared for her death.

Her daughter--my cousin and best friend--shared her birthday, May 9. So every birthday since then has been bittersweet.

Upvote 0
There are some actors, like Kirk Douglas, who are 100+.

Besides, it's a lot about genes--what does your family tree look like? If it's full of 90+ people, you're on your way--unless poor lifestyle choices (smoking, obesity, drinking to excess, riding motorcycles on freeways without a helmet) say otherwise. :)
OT: Beat throat cancer, had puemonia a few times, got all the super ugly stuff out of the way when I was younger, in today's world just small feavers and sniffles :D

Upvote 0
Former contestant on Australian Idol, Kate Cook, has died at 36, and the subtext of the reports is that she took her own life.

I’ve struggled with depression more than once in my life, so I can appreciate the overwhelming, seemingly never-ending-sense-of-hopelessness spiral into which one can get sucked. But the loss of life..,that’s the ultimate tragedy. Life is the only real gift we ever have, and to give it up because things seem hopeless...is actually a cruelly-ironic self-fulfilling prophecy. Once you’re gone, it’s completely true that there is no hope.

If you’re struggling in that way, just remember that so long as you are here, however hopeless things may seem, however dark it may appear, there is always, *always* a pinpoint of light. Please, just keep looking for it, and then focus on it with all of your might.

RIP, Kate. I’m sorry you lost sight of the light.

https://apple.news/ATGzGAPWxRPWS-PSiV0hBzw
I am good doc :)

Upvote 0
OT: Beat throat cancer, had puemonia a few times, got all the super ugly stuff out of the way when I was younger, in today's world just small feavers and sniffles :D
I hear you! I'm glad you're doing well now.

I had my first brush with death at 21; ended up needing a hysterectomy the next year. I thought, that's it, nothing worse will ever happen. I was wrong. :eek: From a brain tumor to sepsis--which had me hospitalized for six months, I've run the gamut!

Upvote 0
I hear you! I'm glad you're doing well now.

I had my first brush with death at 21; ended up needing a hysterectomy the next year. I thought, that's it, nothing worse will ever happen. I was wrong. :eek: From a brain tumor to sepsis--which had me hospitalized for six months, I've run the gamut!
Had to google gamut :) Thanks, I need another vocabulary word, then again I soaked about every other word there has been, learned around 30k words in high school. I am already exempt from my sickness. :D

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones