• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What am I doing wrong.Contracts not sycing with google

MsL

Aug 10, 2010
I don't know what to do or what I am doing wrong.

Everytime I sync my contacts nothing happens, names and phone numbers don't go to google and there are not changes to my phone.

Am I missing something. What are the steps to making sure that contacts are sync. Do they need to be on my sims card in order for them to sync. I'm totally lose. Now, they do sync to my tmoblie account but I want them on google.

TIA

Raquel

I had this problem on my Captivate. Only one way to solve, unfortunately. But once solved, everything works smoothly.

1) Can you export the contact list from your TMobile account? If yes, export as CSV list. You must do this FIRST.

2) TURN OFF the CONTACTS SYNC on your phone.

3) Then go into your GMAIL account online and IMPORT the CSV that you exported from TMobile. All your contacts should then populate into your GMail account. Bummer is that you'll lose all the contact pictures. Hopefully, you have those on your phone or computer somewhere, as you can re-add them from either source later.

4) Then go into your Phone and clear the Contacts Storage database. Not sure if it's accessed the same way as the Captivate, though. On the Captivate I navigate to the Contacts Storage like this: Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > [click menu button and select All] > [scroll down to Contact STORAGE] and select it > Click the CLEAR DATA button. This clears all the contacts off your phone, except the AT&T ones and contacts that you added to the "phone/sim".

5) TURN ON Contacts Sync on the phone. Wait a few minutes, and all the contacts that you imported into your Gmail account will sync OTA to your phone.

Now that your Gmail and Phone have sync'd up, you should be able to add/modify either on phone or online and both will stay sync'd up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones