• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Android Has The Most Bands?

Jim1348

May 28, 2010
I am still using a Nexus 4, but I am considering a replacement. I want to get an Android smartphone that gives me the most flexibility in terms of switching carriers. As I understand it, since Verizon won't let a phone on their network unless it is on their list, that probably means a Verizon Android phone. Would, for example, a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 be a good choice because it would allow me to use it on AT&T and T-Mobile? Is it still missing some data bands on both of those GSM carriers? Is there a better choice that would allow more (all?) data bands on Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile?

I'd say nexus 5 probably has the most though Verizon won't allow it. It's not that the phone can't work on Verizon but that they will not allow the nexus 5 on their network. But the nexus 5 supports gsm and CDMA bands so I think it wins as far as number of carriers it will work on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones