• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are the pros of rooting my s22

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, make sure you aren't rooting your primary phone. A simple mistake can brick your phone.

Rooting allows you to eliminate bloatware and install custom ROMs That's about it. I use to play around with rooting on my backup phone.

If you're asking other people why you should root your S22, then you probably shouldn't root it. The are very few pros, and plenty of cons like tripping the security effuse permanently, loss of warranty, lower resale value, possibly bricking your phone, unable to use any secured apps like banking apps and google wallet.

I tried to do this once before and couldn't so I guess I should make sure it's worth it
I don't see much use for rooting, unless you're trying to install an Android update that can't be installed any other way. That is: If the manufacturer stops giving you updates, so you need to root the computer to get updates from third party.

I don't see much use for rooting, unless you're trying to install an Android update that can't be installed any other way. That is: If the manufacturer stops giving you updates, so you need to root the computer to get updates from third party.

???

On computers like PCs and Macs there's no such thing. For Windows it's called "Run as Administrator", and on Unix and GNU/Linux systems, it's called "root user" or "superuser". Which can be protected with an admin or root password.

Last edited:
There are far fewer pros these days as many of the reasons for rooting "back in the day" are now incorporated into newer Android versions and devices.
Also depending on which version of the device you have it may be bootloader-locked and thus unrootable. Pretty sure this is the case with all recent Samsung devices in North America.

There are pros and cons.
Con = you cannot use banking apps.
i thought so too, but i found this:

as far as pros and cons there are not many for each these days.....other than to be able to modify the OS. you have the s22. this phone is pretty good as is. why do you want to root?

DISCLAIMER: I can't guarantee that you banking apps will work after this. Proceed at your own risk!

First step: root your phone according to my official tutorial (it's for Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra but the rooting process should be very similar on your previous generation S22)

What's better than root you might ask? DOUBLE ROOT! In order to achieve the amazing DOUBLE ROOT you must unlock the following capabilities using the latest version of my official System-RW ( ROM-Maker ) program:
System-RW + ADB ROOT ;)👍
With those capabilities unlocked, you could fully debloat and further customize your system drive and then some.
Have fun! ;)👍

Last edited:
OK so let me ask yall this, let's just say asking for a friend, so her and her husband's phone were somehow synced (I honestly don't kno how except I, I mean she, did log into one of his email accounts on her phone) anyways she was able to see a shit ton of his stuff, like finding out about all his accounts and apps and that he had dual Sims etc. But without actual logins and passwords couldn't prove anything, so what would she need to do to be able to open all the external files she was blessed with!? Seriously ppl I've prayed I'd meet a ****in hacker like on TV and shit cause I've been lied to for ten ****in years.

OK so let me ask yall this, let's just say asking for a friend, so her and her husband's phone were somehow synced (I honestly don't kno how except I, I mean she, did log into one of his email accounts on her phone) anyways she was able to see a shit ton of his stuff, like finding out about all his accounts and apps and that he had dual Sims etc. But without actual logins and passwords couldn't prove anything, so what would she need to do to be able to open all the external files she was blessed with!? Seriously ppl I've prayed I'd meet a ****in hacker like on TV and shit cause I've been lied to for ten ****in years.
first off rooting will wipe data. second, rooting is not hacking. it maybe a part of it, but its not the whole thing. and thirdly rooting will not open any accounts that has passwords setup.

so i'm not sure what you are exactly asking.

And plz I don't Wana hear any well are you sure he done all that since you couldn't prove it...yes I'm positive, enough things were proven and there's no way everything else was just coincidence. I made my presence known too early so understand everything is double tipple quadruple encrypted now and I'm left looking like a damn fool! I've kept my mouth shut for awhile now trying like hell to prove it. I have a broken front tooth, had my jaw (based off my medical expertise) dislocated, and then days later relocated from the abuse I received out of anger, which only further proved i was on point. But again I couldn't produce cold hard evidence, I even had his att account but he still Insisted I was hacked and it wasn't him! It's so frustrating cause he IS NOT smarter than me but when it comes to tech shit I got nothing. He factory reset MY PHONE, while I was on it not long ago. WHAT THE ACTUAL ****! SO PLEASE PPL HELP ME

I think what @cbsewell brought up is very valid in this particular matter -- if you're asking these kinds of questions, don't try to root your phone.
Rooting your phone isn't going to solve your problems, it's not the magic solution to that you might be reading in various online articles and such.

-- Rooting your device allows you to do a lot more things to your phone, but it does not give you the knowledge nor the skill level required to take advantage of those same things. There is no such thing as magic app you use when rooted that can read your mind and do whatever you want. The reality is you need to through a process of learning how to use some root-only apps and utilities, and just as importantly be familiar with and comfortable using a terminal and its corresponding command-line utilities.

-- Rooting your device nullifies the needed system-level permissions that are implemented as a safeguard to the installed Android operating system. This makes is easy for you, the owner, of your phone to do things you're typically blocked from doing to the installed Android operating system. Just keep in mind this also allows a lot more and easy access to your phone from anonymous hackers who will also now remotely have that same easier access to your phone. Rooting bypasses protections put in place to protect the operating system from idle user fiddling, along with the moron who compromised one of your online social service accounts. When rooted, instead of the inherent protections in place when not rooted, you are now responsible to secure almost every aspect to your device.

-- It's not just some banking service apps that won't work on a rooted device, a lot of other apps like Netflix or Pokemon Go won't either. (well, with the Netflix app, you can install it as a side-loaded APK on a rooted device and it will continue working, it's just a matter of you cannot install the Netflix app from Google's Play Store.) So if your opt to root your phone, don't be be surprised when some things just stop functioning. There are security and DRM issues that some online services require to work, and once you have a rooted device that definitively removes a security aspect.

-- Be sure to differentiate there's a big difference between a security issue with one of your online social media services, and your phone itself. Since someone did a remote Factory Reset to your phone, that's something done by accessing your online Google account. Unless they actually had physical access to your phone, it wasn't done on your phone. They simply logged into your Google account from wherever they're located and wiped it.

Well, Catey Jo my husbands a Ho, we can help you, but please what type of help are you asking?
Rooting? We've answered that.
How did 2 separate phones sync and were able to see each other's files?
That would be a Gmail account, logged in on both devices... No hacking or rooting required...

I didn't say "Windows and Mac computers", I said "computers". Tablet computers (including smartphones) are a type of computer.

Okay, perhaps you should have been a bit clearer on that. :) Because to me "computer" generally means a desktop or laptop PC or Mac, and that's what I teach to my ESL students. For a smart-phone, as in an Android or an iPhone, I generally just say and teach "mobile phone", or "cell phone" if I'm using American English textbooks. For tablet type devices, I always just say "tablet", because to me saying "tablet computer" is a bit long-winded IMO.

Last edited:
And plz I don't Wana hear any well are you sure he done all that since you couldn't prove it...yes I'm positive,
i never doubted your accusations. it is just hard to read with so many run-ons and incomplete sentences. i was not sure what you were trying to say or who you are talking about.....you or your friend.

yeah rooting is not what you want to do which is to protect yourself from your husband.......or ex.....or from your friend's husband. as mentioned from @svim rooting ruins the phone's security......so your phone can be accessed from hackers a lot easier.

i would make a list of all of your accounts that you have. and that is from email accounts, banking accounts and social media accounts. i would then go to each accounts and change your passwords and setup two step verifications where you can. i would also recommend that you get a phone that has a fingerprint reader so that it is harder to unlock your phone.

Last edited:
Okay, perhaps you should have been a bit clearer on that. :) Because to me "computer" generally means a desktop or laptop PC or Mac, and that's what I teach to my ESL students. For a smart-phone, as in an Android or an iPhone, I generally just say and teach "mobile phone", or "cell phone" if I'm using American English textbooks. For tablet type devices, I always just say "tablet", because to me saying "tablet computer" is a bit long winded IMO.
A phone (mobile or otherwise) and a computer are two different things. You make phone calls on phones, you run apps and browse the Internet on computers. Most modern cell phones are also handheld computers. But still, "phone" (with or without the "cell") is not a good term for "handheld computer".

Redefining "computer" to mean "only desktops and laptops, not handhelds" is a bad idea, unless you have a good term to replace it. "Device" is not a good term to replace "computer", because a can opener is a device. A screwdriver is a device. The term "device" is much too broad to be used to mean "computer".

Well, Catey Jo my husbands a Ho, we can help you, but please what type of help are you asking?
Rooting? We've answered that.
How did 2 separate phones sync and were able to see each other's files?
That would be a Gmail account, logged in on both devices... No hacking or rooting required...
Idgaf about rooting my damn phone UNLESS it helped me, I mean it is what led me here but I think it's clear that's the least of my worries! I honestly need help with this, it has destroyed my life!

Idgaf about rooting my damn phone UNLESS it helped me, I mean it is what led me here but I think it's clear that's the least of my worries! I honestly need help with this, it has destroyed my life!
Oh and yah I'm pretty sure he was in my Gmail but he couldn't see my stuff without hacking me but I was able to see soon much of his. Idk how honestly it was the gift that kept on giving that I did not ask for!

i never doubted your accusations. it is just hard to read with so many run-ons and incomplete sentences. i was not sure what you were trying to say or who you are talking about.....you or your friend.

yeah rooting is not what you want to do which is to protect yourself from your husband.......or ex.....or from your friend's husband. as mentioned from @svim rooting ruins the phone's security......so your phone can be accessed from hackers a lot easier.

i would make a list of all of your accounts that you have. and that is from email accounts, banking accounts and social media accounts. i would then go to each accounts and change your passwords and setup two step verifications where you can. i would also recommend that you get a phone that has a fingerprint reader so that it is harder to unlock your phone.
I have fingerprint and two step on everything, he hacked me but I didn't really care until he factory reset my phone, but I didn't have anything to hide, but I was somehow getting his apps and everything on my phone but most of the files ON MY OWN PHONE I can't open, sry if I was shitty, and apparently type for shit it's just a lot I feel I need to explain and it's overwhelming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom