• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What does this mean?

pancho32392

Android Enthusiast
May 3, 2012
What's this mean ??
6cd7bd5d-3c44-57cc.jpg

It means that they don't want to say exactly what devices are getting a JB upgrade, so they will talk around it and say they are testing for multiple devices. They will let people know later what is going to get it and what isn't.

As far as the Evo V (or Evo 3d), I wouldn't hold my breath for an official update.

Upvote 0
It means they are probably not going to do it. Obviously our devices can handle JB, but unless they have a big enough reason to upgrade, they won't. I don't think Virgin has a big enough subscriber base or enough people owning the phone, for HTC to develop JB or Virgin to push it out.

I can almost guarantee it will never officially come out. They still haven't updated the Triumph to ICS, and that was, not long ago, their most expensive phone.

The only way you will ever get an upgrade on VM is by buying a new phone. They've released a few weak new ones (One V, and now the Rise, a $99 phone), both have 4.0 on them, this is VM's way of upgrading, forcing a new phone on you. Watch, any day now we'll be seeing yet another weak, single core phone with a $99 price tag running JB, while our $300 EVO's stay locked on ICS. In fact the EVO isn't even on the newest version of ICS, I don't know why. It has ICS 4.0.3, the newest is 4.0.4.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones