• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What does updating the PRL Do, exactly?

musikat

And assuming that the phone is running as it is supposed to, will updating the PRL do any harm? My phone is running a little warmer than it did at first and someone suggested trying that. But everything else is great and I don't want to do anything to mess it up (did that once already and don't want to repeat the experience)! So is that a harmless thing to try or could it mess with success?

And assuming that the phone is running as it is supposed to, will updating the PRL do any harm? My phone is running a little warmer than it did at first and someone suggested trying that. But everything else is great and I don't want to do anything to mess it up (did that once already and don't want to repeat the experience)! So is that a harmless thing to try or could it mess with success?

Won't do any harm. Shouldn't fix any problems with your phone running hot though.

The PRL is a definition of which cell towers your phone should connect to. For example, you can use PRLs for interesting things, like connect to Verizon's 3G http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=696073

Back
Top Bottom