• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What folder are the OTA updates downloaded to?

Xphyle

Oct 13, 2011
I'm rooted, and don't want the battery sucking firmware. I accidentally downloaded the update, but chose to delay the install by 8 hours. I went in with Titanium Backup and killed the update process, but I'm guessing I still have the huge 2.3.6 update file somewhere in a folder on my phone. I wish to delete it. Can someone tell me where to look and what it might be called?

Thanks!

X

you cant delete it. It will eventually upgrade. You're only hope to downgrade is to flash a 2.3.4 based rom or flash back to stock:
[Heimdall][Odin][Stock][Root]UCKH7/KK6 Return/Unbrick to Stock (or Root) - xda-developers

Wrong. I'm rooted. When 2.3.6 first came out, I downloaded it and it attempted to install, but the install failed because I was rooted. So it may very well *attempt* to install the upgrade, but it WILL fail. I'm just trying to save the trouble and delete the file before it makes the attempt.

Upvote 0
you ask a question, I answer your question and you tell me I'm wrong. If you know the answer already, dont ask.

what I'm telling you is that no one has been able to stop the install once it downloads. But if it failed once, what makes you believe it will try again? And why wouldn't you tell us that right in the OP...i would imagine thats an important detail (that it failed once already).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones