• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What happened to all my stored 'memos'?

boostm3

I had about a dozen stored memos created with my stock Epic 4g Memo app. All of a sudden, now when I open the memo app, none of the memos are seen by it.. Moreover, if I try and create a new memo and save it, memo app doesnt see it.

So, I cant retrieve my old memos and I cannot create new ones. However, if I enter a word into memo's search, it WILL retrieve the memo that contains the search term.. Yet, the graphic display of the memo icons for the stored memos is not present. And, when I open the memo app, it shows a blank 'corkboard' looking background with the text 'No memos' etched on it!

Anybody ever heard of this or have steps for remediation?

This is why I never use official notepads. I always use third-party raw text editors and back up the files to my computer and gmail (when the data isn't sensitive). You never know when a system update is going to toy with data created with an older version.

Baffled me too. While not in a phone call,

1. If you are currently editing a memo, save it.

2. kill the app (hold the Android Home button, tap Task Manager, and if Memos is showing, tap its Exit.)

3. run the Memos app again.

You should now see your history of memos, because in this case it starts from a different Activity.

This Memos app starts up quickly, which is essential while in a call. A program like Evernote is too slow to start. I miss my 1996 NTT phone that could record my side of the conversation - I'd just repeat what they said: "that was 411-4596, right? thank you very much!" Now would that be such a difficult app to make? I would pay.

$10 if it could be started during the phone call by pressing the camera button. $20 more if if would forward the audio file automatically to Google Voice or Dragon or Evernote after the call. Any takers on my challenge?

Ben

Back
Top Bottom