• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is fast boot?

Hello everyone, i am using huawei ascend y300 (jelly bean) ,there is a option in settings as fast boot and its currently on. What is it? And what does it do?

Er... it makes your phone boot faster...

Instead of completely shutting down, it hibernates, and then instead of fully booting it awakens from its deep hibernation.

Well if you think that your battery dies fast then fast boot is really not the option for you.
if your always turning your phone on and off several times a day then this option is perfect.
i not you so i don't know your preferences so its really up to you :)
any other questions?

I have a Huawei Ascend 2 with Gingerbread 2.3.6 and was wondering the same thing. I’ve tried it both ways and can’t seem to see a noticeable difference, in boot times or whether it’s really off or in memory consumption. I also googled the question and got no legitimate answer. So of course, I leave it engaged, cuz why would I want ‘slower?’

Personal preference but as a normal/default, I would rather not use restoring from a saved/hibernate state for booting. I don't switch my devices off that often but when I have, I've wanted the device to start up with only "start up" apps/services running.

Back
Top Bottom