• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What is the Best rom that supports 4g?

android91

Nov 29, 2010
I live in an excellent 4G area and since I'm paying for it, I'd like to use it :D. That being said, I want to use wifi tether, install custom themes/icons/lock screens and also get the best battery life possible. Which Rom is the right one for me? All the good looking Roms seem to not support 4G :(

I disagree with your last remark, plenty of "good looking" ROMs out there that support 4G, I think they all just happen to be 'Sense' ROMs. My current two favs are Evo Nonsense and Fresh Evo but looking forward to trying out Myn's Rls5 when it comes out.

BTW- some of these ROM's have activated the built in Hotspot so 'needing' WiFi tether isn't a priority anymore.

Upvote 0
I live in an excellent 4G area and since I'm paying for it, I'd like to use it :D. That being said, I want to use wifi tether, install custom themes/icons/lock screens and also get the best battery life possible. Which Rom is the right one for me? All the good looking Roms seem to not support 4G :(

All sense based ROM's support 4g, AOSP ROM's don't. AOSP ROM's tend to look a little snappier stock but keep in mind there are plenty of mods available to sense based ROM's that give it an AOSP feel. Just keep searching and you'll find what you're looking for :D.

I use Myn's Warm and that's my personal favorite.

Upvote 0
I am new to rooting and flashing, but i flashed fresh evo, and so far i like it. I am waiting for myn 2.2 to update to rls5, so i dont have to flash radios and such to get the rom to work. fresh evo is using the latest radios which is what my phone has. All this flashing rooting is still a little scary to me, so im taking it slow. my advise is read, read and read some more.

Upvote 0
My current daily is Calkulin Evio over on XDA. 4G works great, and if you want to run LPP or ADW, Calkulin has a zip file you can flash to remove all the Sense crap (since you wouldn't be needing it).

Yes with this the Hotspot feature is also enabled, mitigating the need for wireless tether.

One other point to keep in mind, CM has now gotten 4g running on his AOSP build, shouldn't be too long before they
1. release the new version with working 4g
and...
2. release new version that's all gingerbread (as they recently received all the needed source code last week).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones