• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What is the tiny hole next to headphone jack on the top?? Another mic?

taylormah

I noticed a tiny hole, similar to that of a mic, on the top of GS2. Is it a mic as I am thinking (for noise reduction maybe??) or something else?

Here is a picture:
galaxy-s-ii-hands-on-16.jpg

Hey,

on my phone it looks like there's a tiny little white stone stuck in there. But I'm really not sure. How does it look on your phone? I can't really tell from the picture above...

Any help appreciated. I'm kinda worried that something's stuck in my phone...

Yeah, I got that. But does it look like there's a tiny white stone in there on your phone, too? Or is it just a black hole?

On the user guide I have it says that it is a "mouthpiece" I presume by that they mean a microphone that is only active when you use the speakerphone feature or record videos. Hope that helps.

Ok, I think I really have a problem. The stone is stuck in there. I tried getting it out with a thin needle but that wouldn't work. The stone fits the hole perfectly... Any ideas how I can get it out of there?

You could try a bit of vacuum using your mouth?! May be safer than sticking a pin or something in - it may push it further in? Sounds like it may have happened when you wiped it over - it's not a small piece of packaging foam is it which is actually a good sound insulator :-(

Hello @Ken Boss and welcome to Android Forums. Be advised that you are responding to a thread that is a decade old. The participants that you replied to are likely gone or will never see your reply. You will find the date of each post at the bottom of each post.

Hello @Ken Boss and welcome to Android Forums. Be advised that you are responding to a thread that is a decade old. The participants that you replied to are likely gone or will never see your reply. You will find the date of each post at the bottom of each post.
Then the thread should have been deleted 7 yrs ago!

The information posted years ago might still be relevant for someone. Your post might be helpful as well. I didn't remove it. I did want to advise and inform you that the tread is quite dated being as you are new to the site.

Back
Top Bottom