• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is this symbol please?

suzy5528

Hi, what is this symbol please? It’s the two middle symbols I don’t understand?

Attachments

• F89DB89C-5533-4316-AA6E-133D47244E3F.jpeg
    F89DB89C-5533-4316-AA6E-133D47244E3F.jpeg
    14 KB · Views: 74
you can go into your phone's settings under notifications and see which apps have sent notifications.

i have not seen those icons before.

as you are finding out it is really hard to go by what an icon is. it could be hundreds or even thousands of things. there is no way to know unless it is a popular app.

sometimes it might not even be an app but something on the web. if you have (or someone has allowed) chrome to notify on certain websites, it will. some websites have their own icons.

i wish i can help, but maybe someone might recognize those icons.

as you are finding out it is really hard to go by what an icon is. it could be hundreds or even thousands of things. there is no way to know unless it is a popular app.

sometimes it might not even be an app but something on the web. if you have (or someone has allowed) chrome to notify on certain websites, it will. some websites have their own icons.

i wish i can help, but maybe someone might recognize those icons.

Usually people are asking about what various heart icons mean. But this looks like some messaging app or service, rather than notifications bar? Is it some emoji type thing that's specific to this messaging? What app or service is the screenshot actually from?

My guess is that it's a character that hasn't been understood by your phone and so is displaying incorrectly.

The simplest is probably just to ask the sender what they tried to send, telling them that your phone didn't display it correctly.

Back
Top Bottom