• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What on earth is really happening?

groston

‘A few years ago’, I worked in the robotics lab at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. I remember the huge excitement in the lab the day that our shared computer’s memory was upgraded from 4MB to 8MB. Yet, despite these very limited resources, we successfully placed an autonomous rover on Mars.

This makes me wonder: What the heck are the DropBox folks (and others) doing because there recent updates are 120MB in size? Seriously. We are talking about something as simple as file sharing! What else are they doing??

‘A few years ago’, I worked in the robotics lab at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. I remember the huge excitement in the lab the day that our shared computer’s memory was upgraded from 4MB to 8MB. Yet, despite these very limited resources, we successfully placed an autonomous rover on Mars.

This makes me wonder: What the heck are the DropBox folks (and others) doing because there recent updates are 120MB in size? Seriously. We are talking about something as simple as file sharing! What else are they doing??
I for one, is backing up most of my photography to DropBox as well as to Terrabox, to make my machines breathe in deep.. :)

120mb is tiny, so i do not understand what the issue is.

Back
Top Bottom