• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Phone Should I Get (April)

cwagmire

Feb 10, 2012
I currently have a Droid 2 and I found it to be a very underwhelming phone. I think I want to stay away from Motorola for the future.

I'm having a touch time deciding between the current Verizon phones available now. I was gungho on getting the Galaxy Nexus, but I've read numerous reviews about it's terrible battery life.

On the other hand, I've heard nothing but good things about the Razr Maxx, especially its battery life, but again, it's a Motorola phone.

I'm sure I've left some quality phones out, but those are the two that have caught my eye and I'd love to hear some advice about anything that's coming out this summer. Even though my upgrade is in April, I'm willing to be patient as my Droid 2 was the result of a hasty purchase and I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Any help is appreciated. :)

I currently have a Droid 2 and I found it to be a very underwhelming phone. I think I want to stay away from Motorola for the future.

I'm having a touch time deciding between the current Verizon phones available now. I was gungho on getting the Galaxy Nexus, but I've read numerous reviews about it's terrible battery life.

On the other hand, I've heard nothing but good things about the Razr Maxx, especially its battery life, but again, it's a Motorola phone.

I'm sure I've left some quality phones out, but those are the two that have caught my eye and I'd love to hear some advice about anything that's coming out this summer. Even though my upgrade is in April, I'm willing to be patient as my Droid 2 was the result of a hasty purchase and I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Any help is appreciated. :)

I went from a D2 to the GNex and I don't think you could go wrong there. The battery life is similar to my D2 and I only have the standard battery. I went from the D1 -> D2 first, so I had a taste of the unlocked bootloader and I had to have the GNex when I could get it.

If that is not important to you, you probably would be just as happy with the Maxx. I haven't used it, but most users seem OK with it. Has the same hiccups any other phone does. You may also want to keep your ear to the ground as something new may catch your fancy between now and then.

Upvote 0
I went from a D2 to the GNex and I don't think you could go wrong there. The battery life is similar to my D2 and I only have the standard battery. I went from the D1 -> D2 first, so I had a taste of the unlocked bootloader and I had to have the GNex when I could get it.

If that is not important to you, you probably would be just as happy with the Maxx. I haven't used it, but most users seem OK with it. Has the same hiccups any other phone does. You may also want to keep your ear to the ground as something new may catch your fancy between now and then.

Yeah, I've rooted before and it wasn't my thing. The customization was nice, but I need a stable phone for work.

I may need to lean towards the Maxx as I find my D2 battery life lacking.

Thanks for the reply. :)

Upvote 0
I used a website to keep up with upcoming cellphones. I read about every phone, looked at what made the phone unique, and figured out what features really mattered to me. I also made a hasty phone switch (iPhone ): ) and was unhappy for two years. My best advice is to read reviews, look at specifications, and figure out the features you must have.

Reactions: saptech
Upvote 0
If you're waiting till April, there will no doubt be a lot of new handsets revealed at MWC at the end of the month.

I can upgrade at the moment and was all set to get the GNex, but I'm holding off to see what's announced there. I'm personally looking forward to the HTC Edge/Endeavour: Rumor: HTC Endeavor – Sources confirm what we already expect

Upvote 0
I used a website to keep up with upcoming cellphones. I read about every phone, looked at what made the phone unique, and figured out what features really mattered to me. I also made a hasty phone switch (iPhone ): ) and was unhappy for two years. My best advice is to read reviews, look at specifications, and figure out the features you must have.

Yeah, and unfortunately a lot of the reviews for Android phones (outside Maxx) say battery life is decent to awful. :(

If you're waiting till April, there will no doubt be a lot of new handsets revealed at MWC at the end of the month.

I can upgrade at the moment and was all set to get the GNex, but I'm holding off to see what's announced there. I'm personally looking forward to the HTC Edge/Endeavour: Rumor: HTC Endeavor

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones