• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What should my next phone be? Should I ditch Virgin?

portezbie

Android Enthusiast
My triumph seems to be dying( I think my charging port is the problem) so I am looking for new phones.

First off, should I ditch Virgin mobile? I've generally been satisfied with it, but it's not great. I've heard good things about T-Mobile's no-contract plans.

Secondly, if I stay with Virgin should I try and get the Galaxy Victory or the Galaxy S2? They seem to be the best phones atm through Virgin. I'm leaning towards the victory because of the LTE, but the bigger screen and better camera on the S2 sound nice.

Thanks.

My triumph seems to be dying( I think my charging port is the problem) so I am looking for new phones.

First off, should I ditch Virgin mobile? I've generally been satisfied with it, but it's not great. I've heard good things about T-Mobile's no-contract plans.

Secondly, if I stay with Virgin should I try and get the Galaxy Victory or the Galaxy S2? They seem to be the best phones atm through Virgin. I'm leaning towards the victory because of the LTE, but the bigger screen and better camera on the S2 sound nice.

Thanks.

After my discounted top up cards run out I'm thinking about switching to T-mobile with a nexus 4. The only issue I've had with the Triumph is the slow gps lock and somewhat spotty service. I can live with the limited service at times for the price I pay but have used T-mobile in the past and it is good in my area. I would like to try something else that is pre-paid and the nexus 4 might be me that option hop around to different carriers, i'll have to look further as to which ones are compatible still though.

I'm taking the jump to simple mobile and get the nexus 4 plus it uses T-Mobile 4g which somebody told me is fast

I'm also wondering what my next phone will be. I've had a Triumph (okay, more than one with my replacement) for two years now, and still love it...... I've decided to stay with the Triumph until it dies, but then what? I'll probably stay with VM.
But after the ease of how my Triumph was rooted, I think I may be spoiled a bit- which VM phones are as easy to root as the Triumph was?

Im on vm and have the victory. I get lte in my area and also get tmobile 4g no lte though. I love virgin mobile service is great for me phone is great as well. I am switching to tmobile mainly for two reasons samsung galaxy s4 and cause I need unlimited data. If those two were not what I needed I would stick to vm. I get great speeds now on vm 3g also at 2.32mbs down. They are improving, tmobile offers more phones at almost the same price.

I would rather pay $700 and get the samsung galaxy s4 than pay $400 and a 1 year old samsung galaxy s3. That is just me and every one is different. I love vm though and they are awesome. No complaints.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Given I have 10+ years of actual ex if I were you would simply rewrite PRL then reflash to run GSM on CDMA.Yes its possible and anyone that says its not obviously does not know what their doing either way good luck decision wise with T Mobile

I dont understand that post one bit.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Given I have 10+ years of actual ex if I were you would simply rewrite PRL then reflash to run GSM on CDMA.Yes its possible and anyone that says its not obviously does not know what their doing either way good luck decision wise with T Mobile

Uh, not! GSM and CDMA are completely different technologies and frequencies, the hardware is completely incompatible, Verizon and Sprint world phones have the additional circuitry to allow use on both networks, changing prl's has absolutely nothing to do with the issue. :rolleyes:
OB

Back
Top Bottom