• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What things to do before selling phone?

Hi,

I am planning to sell my phone, HTC Droid Incredible 2. I do not want to leave any traces of my data. For this, what all things should I delete?

There is also a 16gb memory card. Should I also format it?

Guys please help me out soon. I am gonna sell it within few hours.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am planning to sell my phone, HTC Droid Incredible 2. I do not want to leave any traces of my data. For this, what all things should I delete?

Thanks.

I would install AppBrain and sync all of your third party apps to an AppBrain account so you can easily reinstall them on your next phone. I would also make sure you have backups of any pictures, etc. Then format the SD card and perform a factory reset on the phone. Sorry, I can't tell you how to do that, but search in this forum and/or Google.

Hi,

Thanks.
Unmount the SD card and format, then remount (might do it automatically). Then Factory Reset via the menu, and select Clear Storage as well, let the whole process go through and the phone come back up to the setup screen. Then power off, pull the battery and reinsert, then power up holding VOL DOWN+POWER to get into HBOOT, and do a Factory Reset from there too, then once it is all done you should be good to go, no trace of your data should exist.

Back
Top Bottom