• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Whats causing my android to freeze?

Hi, I don't mean to ask a question that you may come by a lot. However, my phone is different, Just like anyone else's.

My phone is an HTC Inspire 4G. I seem see it freezing more and more often. What would cause this? I took guesses, I'm thinking that it's my hardware, I have restored my phone three times already, I don't want to restore anymore. This doesn't seem to help my phone. It'll freeze with No warning, sometimes abnormally restarting. It's weird. The other day, I had my phone freeze I typically just leave it for five minutes, like if the screen doesn't turn back on. I got it to turn on, and my status bar where the battery, signal strength is. Disappeared, it wouldn't come back on screen, the rest of my phone functioned, and I restarted it. Sometimes it takes a battery pull to get it to turn off, it happens nearly daily.

I don't have any special launchers. Seems like it's either a hardware hardware issue, or software.

Hi MegaScooter. :ciao:

Three factory resets huh and still it's not better? I just want to ask if the device is rooted and if not, did you take out the battery and leave it out for ten minutes?

I have tried rooting my phone. No success.

I took the battery out and left it out for about 5 minutes while holding the power button.

Have you checked what app has been eating up your memory?

Metroid Prime, it seems that pulling my as card out of my phone for the night has helped it from freezing, it still froze once. But, what does my phone need to use my sd card all the time for ? I'm thinking of moving the thousand songs, and pictures to my computer, the put the card back into my phone, and then format with android.

Sounds like it has to do with the SD card then. Are you using a picture app like PicSpeed or did you take all the pictures yourself? Did you use an app for all the song you have?

I hope we're in-sync here because, haha, replying late, sorry.

xD

c:

I just formatted the card after backing up my music up on my ma's computer. I have a good 6 Gigabytes worth of music, and 500 Megabytes of pictures. I don't use any special apps for pictures. Music, I use a EQ app for my external speaker "Music Volume EQ", and for my headphones, I use a completely different app called "Rocket Player" I shut one off, and use only one at a time. I posted some screenshots of them. Perhaps you know what they are, and you can check how they're going to interfere.

By the way, as I was typing this on my Android, my status bar said that "Watchdog Task Manager" (Recommended by the forums here) Found that a task was eating up most of my processor. It was a process called "MessageCS" This is the process that has been giving me and my phone problems for a long time, Watchdog is set to check every minute, so obviously the process is consistently running, and eating my battery! I check my battery usage (the default battery usage system app found in settings) and that process would sometimes eat 20% of my 100% energized battery. I'm not talking about my battery, sorry, I just like to type and ramble.

I don't think that this is the cause completely either, intermittently, I get the "Sorry!" pop-ups saying that "android.process.acore is not responding" or "com.android.phone is not responding".

Sorry for the long message, I am ambitious to give you as much information as I possibly can.

Attachments

• 2013-06-05_16-37-57.jpg
    2013-06-05_16-37-57.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 2013-06-05_16-13-57.jpg
    2013-06-05_16-13-57.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 133

xD

c:

I just formatted the card after backing up my music up on my ma's computer. I have a good 6 Gigabytes worth of music, and 500 Megabytes of pictures. I don't use any special apps for pictures. Music, I use a EQ app for my external speaker "Music Volume EQ", and for my headphones, I use a completely different app called "Rocket Player" I shut one off, and use only one at a time. I posted some screenshots of them. Perhaps you know what they are, and you can check how they're going to interfere.

By the way, as I was typing this on my Android, my status bar said that "Watchdog Task Manager" (Recommended by the forums here) Found that a task was eating up most of my processor. It was a process called "MessageCS" This is the process that has been giving me and my phone problems for a long time, Watchdog is set to check every minute, so obviously the process is consistently running, and eating my battery! I check my battery usage (the default battery usage system app found in settings) and that process would sometimes eat 20% of my 100% energized battery. I'm not talking about my battery, sorry, I just like to type and ramble.

I don't think that this is the cause completely either, intermittently, I get the "Sorry!" pop-ups saying that "android.process.acore is not responding" or "com.android.phone is not responding".

Sorry for the long message, I am ambitious to give you as much information as I possibly can.

When the error pop ups, have you ever tried clicking close?

xD

c:

No problem man and every bit of info helps. :)
As for the MessageCS is there any messaging app on your device? Have you uninstalled watchdog and seen if the freezing stops completely? Sometimes apps especially rouge ones can cause quite a bit of trouble.

Okay, after looking around, I found something that may have solved my issue, I am not quite sure yet. My phone seems to be running smooth, and no lock-ups, it turns out that the MessageCS is linked to the HTC processes.

I went to disable my account by going into the settings app, accounts and sync
2013-06-08_15-56-45.jpg
Then, chose "HTC Sense", and removed my account.
2013-06-08_15-56-56.jpg
This seems to be the culprit. My battery is a lot better, like two times better.

If this is not the issue, I will continue the search, I hope it's not hardware, and more software related.
c:

Okay, after looking around, I found something that may have solved my issue, I am not quite sure yet. My phone seems to be running smooth, and no lock-ups, it turns out that the MessageCS is linked to the HTC processes.

I went to disable my account by going into the settings app, accounts and sync
View attachment 55856
Then, chose "HTC Sense", and removed my account.
View attachment 55857
This seems to be the culprit. My battery is a lot better, like two times better.

If this is not the issue, I will continue the search, I hope it's not hardware, and more software related.
c:

Accounts and sync eats up a lot of battery if you enable auto sync.

Back
Top Bottom