• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What's the latest root method for this phone?

bigx5murf

I'm trying to help my friend root his phone, and get a 2.2 rom working on it. problem is I tried following 2 different rooting guides already (both like 15+ steps), and we've not been successful. On my xperia x10, I was able to root by just clicking on a button in flashtool. Is there anything similar for the mytouch slide?

The rom we plan on flashing is...
CyanogenMod-6.1 for MT3G Slide :: V6.1.1 (12/15/2010)

Is this a good choice? Is there a better recommendation? Is there something like xrecovery for this phone?

Here is a video of one touch method I personally did not use this I did the exploid method so not sure of the out come and 6.1 is the most recent stable mod for cyanogen they have unstable nightly builds that are sick im currently running cm7 build 18 its for the most part stable few issues i heard 19 is better but im going to flash to build 21 tonight hope this helps you! How To: Root Your Android Phone (SuperOneClick Method) | TheUnlockr

The link you provided has a note: "This will not work on the MyTouch Slide"

I hear this is a good guide and I plan on using it:

Just another tech blog: Complete guide to rooting and hacking the HTC Slide

I've been rooting my slide for a cumulative of about 10 hours. Most of that is because I'm using a Dell dimension 2300 whatever. I had to format the C: again to even get it to work then load updates and .........holy crap. What a weekend.
I came to a stopping point though. Does anyone have any idea why, in the command prompt, when I get to "exploid" it say's the file does not exist. But when I go into androidsdk tools. there it is. I think it may have something to do with not being a file type with no program associated to open it (by the look of the icon) Is there a particular program I can download/open to associate to this exploid file? Any help greatly appreciated.

I've been rooting my slide for a cumulative of about 10 hours. Most of that is because I'm using a Dell dimension 2300 whatever. I had to format the C: again to even get it to work then load updates and .........holy crap. What a weekend.
I came to a stopping point though. Does anyone have any idea why, in the command prompt, when I get to "exploid" it say's the file does not exist. But when I go into androidsdk tools. there it is. I think it may have something to do with not being a file type with no program associated to open it (by the look of the icon) Is there a particular program I can download/open to associate to this exploid file? Any help greatly appreciated.

Did you really have to post this here and start your own thread? (Forum rules?) I responded in the thread you created...

Back
Top Bottom