• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What's the possibility of getting HDMI for 4.0

Raptor5150

Android Enthusiast
Yeah yeah anyone will tell you anythings possible and whyzor would say unlikely cause of proprietary blobs and what not :P (jk whyzor Hehe)

but is it any easier than gingerbread to hopefully get working or are we still shit outta luck without a paddle or boat?

think of it this way.

if it was any kind of easy, it would be working already.

3G was a huge pain for the devs so if they got that before HDMI, i dont want to know how long it will be till that works.

to be honest, I think it would be amazing to have it. I plug my MT into a 1080p monitor at home and have a bluetooth keyboard attached. when its "docked" it works a lot like the WebTop in the Atrix, being able to browse and use apps while feeling like a desktop pc. only downside is the output is only 480p.

i use hdmi a lot.

im much more interested in getting the camera working in ICS though, and i know thats where the dev work will go into next anyways, not hdmi. hdmi may well be the LAST thing we see on this rom, if ever.

think of it this way.

if it was any kind of easy, it would be working already.

3G was a huge pain for the devs so if they got that before HDMI, i dont want to know how long it will be till that works.

to be honest, I think it would be amazing to have it. I plug my MT into a 1080p monitor at home and have a bluetooth keyboard attached. when its "docked" it works a lot like the WebTop in the Atrix, being able to browse and use apps while feeling like a desktop pc. only downside is the output is only 480p.

i use hdmi a lot.

im much more interested in getting the camera working in ICS though, and i know thats where the dev work will go into next anyways, not hdmi. hdmi may well be the LAST thing we see on this rom, if ever.

Can you change the output to 1080p?

I don't think it can output 1080P via HDMI...that would require an upconverter.

It's my understanding that it only does 480P since the native screen size is 800x480.

The max resolution the MT will output is 1280X720 from my experience.
It will readily play back any 720p video (depending on the media player), but 1080p wouldn't be possible. I believe shmackshmack was simply stating that his monitor was 1080, not that the MT can output to that resolution.

To the OP-we've discussed this before on the forums, and the probability of getting HDMI-out is low. Again, as Whyzor, myself, and many others have said, this is due to the proprietary nature of Moto's drivers and their reluctance to release them (they're a company, they have to make money, blah blah blah... :P)
I would say for now we're SOL. While I would like to think the current Google/Moto merger would change that, I doubt it. Be patient, as agentc13 said, and wait.
The devs are nothing short of miracle-workers (seriously, I don't care what any of you say), but everyone has limits on what can be done without a full team of people who are able (read: paid) to do this full-time. It's a difficult and lengthy process.
Just sit tight, and see what happens.

Well I say we perfect our ICS build and all sell it to Motorola as an offical update..

Shove it in their face and say Haha look what we did without you! :P

Well I say we perfect our ICS build and all sell it to Motorola as an offical update..

Shove it in their face and say Haha look what we did without you! :P

we better get some type of protection on it first! cause you know they will try to steal it lol :D

(check my sig lol!)

Can you change the output to 1080p?

the MSM8655 chip may be capable of outputting 1080p paired with the right software.

I know it can do full real 720p for sure, but the stock rom is set to only do 480, even when playing hd content it scales it down to 480 and sends it out. at least in my testing.

the only way we can mirror in HD instead of 480p is if android can natively resize the entire UI based on the display res. (something ICS is actually supposed to do!!)

Can't we just cherry pick the code from TJStyles Andro-ID source? It's got our only known way of utilizing HDMI beyond froyo

Can't we just cherry pick the code from TJStyles Andro-ID source? It's got our only known way of utilizing HDMI beyond froyo

Do you have a link to the source code? Has anyone tried it yet?

Edit: Nvm I guess Andro-ID isn't open source. I tried using the HDMI daemon from it but not surprisingly it isn't that simple. I'll keep trying though.

Do you have a link to the source code? Has anyone tried it yet?

Edit: Nvm I guess Andro-ID isn't open source. I tried using the HDMI daemon from it but not surprisingly it isn't that simple. I'll keep trying though.

I'm not even a Triumph owner, but I wandered into this forum anyhow. That being said, if someone was able to have HDMI incorporated into their ROM, then it shouldn't be impossible to kang the solution even without the source code. For one, tjstyle most highly likely didn't make any changes to the libs, bins, or apps from the stock ROM given that he doesn't have the source. If the HDMI answer is in any of those then the solution would have already presented itself. As such, the real answer probably lies in the framework somewhere. Someone running a diff between Andro-ID and CM7 would he able to find tjstyle's changes. Within that is most likely the HDMI answer. Using jdgui you could then replicate tjstyle's code and put in CM7 or any other ROM. Bing bang boom... working HDMI. Just my two cents.

The max resolution the MT will output is 1280X720 from my experience.
It will readily play back any 720p video (depending on the media player), but 1080p wouldn't be possible. I believe shmackshmack was simply stating that his monitor was 1080, not that the MT can output to that resolution.

To the OP-we've discussed this before on the forums, and the probability of getting HDMI-out is low. Again, as Whyzor, myself, and many others have said, this is due to the proprietary nature of Moto's drivers and their reluctance to release them (they're a company, they have to make money, blah blah blah... :P)
I would say for now we're SOL. While I would like to think the current Google/Moto merger would change that, I doubt it. Be patient, as agentc13 said, and wait.
The devs are nothing short of miracle-workers (seriously, I don't care what any of you say), but everyone has limits on what can be done without a full team of people who are able (read: paid) to do this full-time. It's a difficult and lengthy process.
Just sit tight, and see what happens.

this is completely unacceptable! I want my money ba...uhhh, nevermind.

Back
Top Bottom