• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What's the recommended battery temp?

SebaKL

Android Enthusiast
Hi there guys

I'm just curious, because I can't seem to find any official on line specs regarding the common or average battery temp. of my GS2.
I like to know to be able do something about it before it's too late.

The only posts I came across, lead back to this forum, discussing battery running too hot :)

I understand that the temperature will depend on the ambient, but is there some recommended range in which the battery should operate?

As of now, my battery runs at 32 degrees. During charging 36 to 39 tops.

Any feedback much appreciated :)

regards
Sebastian

Seems reasonable. Mine waking up in the morning is around 27 degrees (room temperature). Working is about yours and highest is 41 degrees when charging and playing game at the same time. :D

I don't think that there's a fixed working temperature range for the GS2 battery.
Mine seems to fluctuate from 23 - 32C when on standby and even as high as 43 - 53C when I play games.

Russel and I live in a tropical country, with summer all year around, so I suppose the ambient itself makes the phone running hotter. But I was hopping there was some kind of range like in a car. If the engine run at 85 to 95 degrees, it's all good, but once it's reach certain temp. it get damaged. That what I was hoping for, to find out the preferred, recommended, manufacture battery specs.

Anyway, no matter :) Our battery seem to be running in a similar range so I have my peace of mind.

Thanks for the reply guys

cheers

Sebastian

I'm not far from you guys! Very tropical here too!

Anyways, I don't think the ambient temperature has much to do with the battery's temperature. I think a more plausible reason would be the almost airtight casing of the phone, so when its running the heat generated cannot dissipate.

I don't worry too much about the battery though. I just stop whatever I'm doing for a while if I feel the phone is too hot and let it cool down a bit.

Lastly, I not come across a GS2 on fire or exploding, unlike some fruit-named device...at least, not yet!

Cheers.

Ambient temperature does play a role. I start off with 27C in the morning. Which is about room temperature. Pretty sure if room temperature is 20C, it will start off from there. Also cooler ambient temperature actually allows for heat from phone to dissipate faster owing to difference in temperature.

Ambient temperature does play a role. I start off with 27C in the morning. Which is about room temperature. Pretty sure if room temperature is 20C, it will start off from there. Also cooler ambient temperature actually allows for heat from phone to dissipate faster owing to difference in temperature.

Yes it does, agree. I was testing it today.
In my car, an hour plus in very heavy traffic and air-condition blasting at 17 degrees, the phone was running at 28. At home, again blasting air-con in my living room, the phone was running at 26-28.

I went for my daily run, around 6pm with the phone in my armband, still sunny and according to my car 34 degrees outside. The phone was running at 36 degree after 30min outside. Checked that when I made stop for a drink.

Back
Top Bottom