• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the shortest battery life you've gotten?

CrackedLCD

Jan 17, 2013
LA (Lower Alabama)
goo.gl
We've spent a great amount of time optimizing our DNAs to maximize the rather small battery that's in the device, but I want to go the opposite route and ask who has gotten incredibly short run times from their devices?

For me, it seems my driving setup is ideal for killing the battery in record time. I use Waze (keeps screen on, uses data, GPS is active) for traffic and nav. In the background, I have Google Play Music running a shuffled random playlist (uses data to download each song from the cloud). It's going via Bluetooth to my car. There's also a Music EQ app backgrounded that contours the sound. In addition to all this, I am constantly checking in to places on Foursquare (through Waze) and even occasionally checking in to artists on GetGlue when stopped. Also was posting prices to GasBuddy as I went along. Screen is set to 25% brightness.

I had the opportunity to run this without the charger connected for a long time the other night and was able to get just 100 minutes before shutdown. That's literally one percent of battery life per minute!

Can anyone beat that low runtime? :D I've tried playing intense games and watching lots of HD video, none of it runs the battery down as fast as my driving setup.

(For the record, I'm not complaining. The phone can handle 5 or 6 apps at once without swapping them in and out of memory; that's super impressive to me. It makes using this phone a real pleasure. The battery cost is minor in the grand scheme of things because I'm almost always near a charger.)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones