• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's your fav Android text-to-speech app?

I'm using Android 13 and OneUI ver 5. I have some pdf files I want read to me. What is your fav text to speech app for android? I don't like the voice quality in Moon Reader Pro or Adobe Acrobat apps. So I'm looking for recommendations of other text to speech apps to try. I tried the Narrator's Voice app but it didn't work.
I rarely use this, though I wish I could.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I haven't used those types of apps at all sorry. I don't even use 'Voice Assistants' anymore.

I suppose the closest would have been S-Voice since it used Samsung TTS's high quality female voice. It always sounded so sultry and cute at the time (2012) but today unnecessary. I still have 'voice control' enabled on my S4 Mini and if I wanted, could have it announce messages via that old voice, but I don't think I want my SMS message contents being broadcasted over loudspeaker

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones