• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Whats your must have apps list?

First off I would like to thank you all for all the great info you have shared with us! I had my commando just a day or so before I used your info to root it and remove all the un needed apps.

Now to the question at hand, what is your must have apps list? and their purpose? I am always looking for ways to improve my phone so all you info is much appreciated..

Enhanced Email because it allows me to ignore my employer's exchange security rules.
Solitaire from Ken Majic because it is similar to Solitaire of MS Windows
Dolphin Browser because I like the gestures and it seems to work better than the stock browser
Google Maps/Navigation because it's free and it works very well
Radar Now because I have a hay farm and its good to know where the rain is and where it is going
GPS Simple because it works fast, it is simple, & it is accurate
Android WiFi Tether because it works
Fancy Widgets because I like the clock and the displayed weather conditions
Vlingo because it does a good job of understanding my voice commands in high background noise
Root Explorer because I like to be able to add & delete files in the system area
Titanium Backup because I like to delete carrier bloatware apps that I will never use
Adfree because it removes a good portion of ads
Superuser because it allows a lot of this stuff work

barnacle tether
es file explorer - because it's free
dolphin browser
droid wall - lets you turn off internet access to angry birds, so there's no pop-ups
adfree

I am new but learning:
Superuser is a given
I like Titanium Backup to backup and remove the bloatware, convert user apps to system apps, and etc.
Adfree is a must if you download ad supported apps.
History eraser is a great fast and easy way to delete messages, phone calls, and etc.
Android assistant
Spades
BlackJack 21
K-9 mail
PlayerPro

Given - titanium pro, superuser

System Tuner - Works like Titanium but a few different features
Zedge - wallpaper, ringtone, sounds
Soundhound - Song recognition
K9 - Email
evernote - note pad
Pansi SMS - messaging app
Elixir - Widgets
App 2 SD - moves programs from internal memory to SD card

No Lock - I'm not a huge fan of screen lock, especially Casio's iteration.

Go Launcher EX - Gets rid of the excessive menus and slide out menu. Themes.

Go Calendar widget - Syncs with Gmail. Provides silent notifications in the status bar.

Go TaskManager widget - Has a 'clear' running processes button as well as a 'refresh', can access running processes with a touch & hold.

Go Keyboard / Gingerbread Keyboard - Currently trying out Go, however it consumes 5x the resources of Gingerbread Keyboard, may revert.

Juice Defender - I like how I can set it to manage my Wifi connections and data connection.

BeWeather - It fetches weather data from wunderground.com ---my preferred source. It presents data conveniently for me, and I am usually always interested in wind forecasts. It has weather advisory alerts.
Go Weather is a free option that also fetches from wunderground.com

PowerAMP - Full-featured media player to replace the original one.

YAAIC - Lightweight IRC program. Originally tried AndChat but I couldn't toggle off vibrate notifications for server disconnects = too annoying.

Opera Mini - Web browser.

Power Widget - More power options.

Astrid - Task manager, as in a check-list.

Im a computer nut so mine are

Gmote~ allows you to control desktop from phone with mouse and keyboard as well as access audio/ video files

Remote web desktop~ access sd card text messages and se phone camera as web cam

Pdanet~ use phones internet for use on computer w/o paid tethering or hotspot

Tubemate~ download youtube videos

atorrent~ torrent downloader

Bird bar lite~ allows you to view notification bar in fullscreen apps such as games

Go sms pro~ standard sms with extra features like private box with password to hide texts from certain numbers

Keep safe~ hide media files behind a password

widgetsoid~ highly customizable power/clock widget

Ringdroid~crop mp3s for ringtones

Back
Top Bottom