• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WhatsApp....not available for Tablets ! :-(((

Well, I was a bit surprised after downloading the WhatApp app from their website, and trying to run it on my Prime. First of all it showed up in Widgets not in Apps on my device, and when I went to drag the widget to my homepage...it balked...and the message said I needed to register or something to that effect.
So, I went into my Download folder and clicked on it...at which time it seemed to be loading....but then I got the message 'Not available for Tablets'.

Can anyone help explain that? I mean, my tablet is an Android device...and the app/widget is a messaging format that doesn't need to use any phone functions....so why wouldn't it work on an Android tablet as well as it works on my Android phone?

From WhatsApp Support:

Sorry!

It seems that you are trying to use a tablet. Unfortunately tablets are not supported. Tablets are not as portable as smart phones. We are currently focusing on phones before we start adding support for peripheral devices. Your tablet may function currently, or it may have functioned in the past, but we do not provide support for it. We do our best to make our app work on all phones which may cause problems for other devices.

Thank you for contacting WhatsApp.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones