• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Whatsapp stopped working

tahjunk

Jan 12, 2011
Hello
Whatsapp was working fine until today afternoon, and suddenly, it has stopped working on note 8 phone. I have 2 whatsapp accounts on the phone, using the dual messenger setting, but both are not working. There is no error message coming up, except a fast notification that whatsapp has stopped. Then the phone goes to my home screen.
Please help
Thanks

Its definitely a cache thing when using 2 versions of whatsapp. I've had the same issue a couple of times and doing a force stop of the main whatsapp or clearing cache always fixes the problem. I dont think its a note 8 related issue though, the same thing happened on my Xiaomi mi6 and on my wife's Xiaomi mi5. I believe it has something to do with how whatsapp stores it's data locally which is in the same location for both versions of the app.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones