• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where are video files saved and is there a camcorder replacement app

wildkitten

Android Enthusiast
I just downloaded Astro File Manager to try to understand some of the basic directory and file structure of the Bionic (which I'm guessing is the same of every Android device). To say the least, it seems a lot different than Windows.

I started using Camerzoom as my camera app and that let's me choose a directory to save pictures too unlike the stock camera app. But where are pictures saved from the stock camera and camcorder apps and is there a way to change the save location? Also, is there a good 3rd party camcorder app?

The "key" to ASTRO is ...

At the top of the screen there is an Up button. Load ASTRO and hit the Up button. You will then se the SD and SD-EXT cards.

Various apps let you change file locations in their

I store mine in /mnt/sdcard-ext/dcim/camera (from three different applications)
I store screenshots in /mnt/sdcard-ext/dcim/screen

I can't find a way to set Camera images to a different location.

... Thom

The "key" to ASTRO is ...

At the top of the screen there is an Up button. Load ASTRO and hit the Up button. You will then se the SD and SD-EXT cards.

Various apps let you change file locations in their

I store mine in /mnt/sdcard-ext/dcim/camera (from three different applications)
I store screenshots in /mnt/sdcard-ext/dcim/screen

I can't find a way to set Camera images to a different location.

... Thom
I found the videos there, as well as the pictures I had taken with the stock camera app. Thank you. CameraZoom let's you specify where you can save and I had bought that a few months ago with the 10 cent sale and had set that up.

One thing that confuses me though is this. When you start Astro you are at /mnt/sdcard, but when I "UP" to the root, there's sdcard and sdcard-ext and all the same folders are under /sdcard and /sdcard-ext as there are under /mnt/sdcard and /mnt/sdcard-ext. Is this a duplicate, or is the /mnt redundant and you don't have to o under that directory?

Back
Top Bottom