• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Where can I get the stock recovery and ROM?

netizenmt

Android Enthusiast
I don't need them now, but you never know when you will. I made a Nandroid of my phone after I rooted it but I'm not sure whether it was before or after I started to delete the bloatware.

Thanks!

OK - I found a Stock Recovery, but I could only find a Stock ROM of 2.2.1, and I have 2.2.2. If anyone has a copy of the Stock 2.2.2 ROM that has only been rooted and not altered otherwise, please post it up. Thanks!

I have a nandroid backup of the stock 2.2.2 rom if that will help. I 7-zip'd the backup so you'll need that to unzip it.

Vortex Stock 2.2.2 Nandroid Backup

Is this associated with any account information or can it be used to revert to stock? Also, is it correct that the stock 2.2.2 rom cannot be used unless the kernel (+ other bits I'm not familiar with) were previously updated to 2.2.2 compatible--which nandroid does not backup?

As far as I can tell the nandroid backup is the same as a rom except for the way it's packaged. There is no data or account data associated with the backup. I made sure I cleared ALL data before I made this specific backup. This is as stock as it gets (still rooted though). I've been going back and forth between nandorid backups and the kernels do change. Just go ahead and restore the backup using nandroid and you'll be set to go on Stock 2.2.2. :) There is a boot.img, system.img, and Data.img (which contains no data) I'm re uploading because of the data.img which is in there. I forgot to uncheck that box when backing up, it's still good but there should only be a system.img and boot.img in the backup.

Your welcome :D. I can upload an un-rooted version later on today if you want. Just tell me and I will.

Thanks you guys! Finally got to transfer roms to my sdcard and I tried the stock-rooted one. Wiped the data+caches, but boy was I worried with the extra bootup time the first time around.

Thanks you guys! Finally got to transfer roms to my sdcard and I tried the stock-rooted one. Wiped the data+caches, but boy was I worried with the extra bootup time the first time around.

The extra boot time is because of the phone rebuilding dalvik caches and some first time initialization of various files. It happens any time you begin with a factory fresh startup.

Hi yall im familiar with rooting and romming a Droid X, my gf's vortex not as much. I have rooted it and removed some bloat but i would like to do some more with it because she is running out of memory and bing sucks. So a step by step process for how to use this recovery or flash that rom would be nice :)

I know this is an old thread, but those download links for the stock rom and 2.2.2 do not work, and I have not been able to find them anywhere else. Does anyone know where to get these at to save a couple download steps after reflashing to 2.2?

Thanks

I know this is an old thread, but those download links for the stock rom and 2.2.2 do not work, and I have not been able to find them anywhere else. Does anyone know where to get these at to save a couple download steps after reflashing to 2.2?

Thanks

I'm in the same boat. It seems that a stock Vortex 2.2.2 is nowhere to be found. If anyone has a copy, it would be much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom