• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where is the SD card mounted?

CommandoJ

So where is the SD card mounted? I have a 32 gig SD card that I had in my old Commando, the Droid X I used to replace it, and this new commando. It has worked in the previous two phones but I can't find it in this phone. If I set the camera to use SD Card, then all my pictures come back from the previous phones. But I can't find any ringtones, apps, or documents as I could on the previous phone. I see there is *something* mounted under /sdcard, but there's nothing there.

You are right - but for some reason, the phone does not search on the external SD card for the ringtones, notification tones, etc. I had to copy them in place manually.

Now I'm not positive, but it seems to me like the internal storage is a folder named "sdcard" and the actual SD card folder is "external sdcard".

this was what happened with the jump to modern android, the SD is handled different. its wonky as ****, but you're exactly right.

Back
Top Bottom