• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where is watch Styler?

recDNA

Android Enthusiast
I have a Gear with watch Styler installed with multiple watch faces. I thought I'd check if there were any updates so I tried to find watch Styler in play store and Samsung apps. I couldn't find it at all! Where the heck is watch Styler?

Thanks! I find it weird that if you just go directly to samsung apps in app drawer (not in gear manager) watch Styler produces no result at all.

mine is in my app drawer where it should be.
You don't understand. Mine is in the app. Drawer too. My point is if you choose samsung apps from app drawer then look at purchased apps watch Styler isn't there. While in samsung apps choose search then enter watch Styler and it can't find the app.

You don't understand. Mine is in the app. Drawer too. My point is if you choose samsung apps from app drawer then look at purchased apps watch Styler isn't there. While in samsung apps choose search then enter watch Styler and it can't find the app.
ahhh i see what you are saying now....lol

well i think when you first sync the watch to the phone, the gear manager app gets installed along with the watch styler.

just curious as to why you are looking for it? did you uninstall it?

No, I just wanted to check for updates. Gear manager updates automatically but I didn't know that watch Styler does too. Then it was more a matter of where the heck IS this app.

No, I just wanted to check for updates. Gear manager updates automatically but I didn't know that watch Styler does too. Then it was more a matter of where the heck IS this app.

LOL i get the big picture now:o

yeah i have not seen an update to it....not even sure how it gets it if there is any.....never bothered to even look for it until you posted it......hmmmm not sure now.

I can't find the watch styler app in utilities or clocks. Is this just available for those running 4.3 or 4.4? I have the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 running 4.2.2. Any help?

A I understand it, Samsung Gear has to have 4.3 for the proper bluetooth connection.
4.2.2 doesn't have the correct bluetooth service to run the Gear.

yeah i do not think that the gear is compatible with your device.....do you have the gear manager installed? were you able to pair it?

Yes, my galaxy mega works with my gear. I have the download manager installed and has been working fine. Just can't seem to find the watch styler app in the Samsung app store or in the manager app. By the way, I love my Galaxy Gear!

Gear Manager > Samsung Apps > Clock
Screenshot_2014-01-28-09-08-08.png

Thanks for posting the image. I tried uninstalling the gear manager app and then reinstalled the app. No change. All clocks are listed except for the Watch Styler.

Just got my Note 4. Guess what? No Watch Styler

Suggestions?

Have you tried any/all of the suggestions from the previous posts in this thread?

I don't have a SAMSUNG phone to troubleshoot with,but,I'd like to try to help in any way I can.

You have the GEAR1,correct?

Tried all the suggestions previous: no dice. It's there on my S4, but can't find it ANYWHERE for my N4. And yes, I have the original Galaxy Gear

This sucks: the customizable watchface was one of the cooler features

Is there a WATCH STYLER app listed in MENU > SETTINGS > APPS > DOWNLOADED APPS?

If so,what version number is showing?

Tried that: can't find it to download, and it didn't auto-download like most everything else

Checking that forum posting now

I left note 2 for note 3 a while back and can't find it either. Aggravated that us early adopters to galaxy gear have been pushed aside by Samsung

Back
Top Bottom