• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Themes where to get the images?

beeper

Lurker
Hello!
I ran into a big problem. I want to upload applications to google play. But all my applications do not contain a single image. This is not very good, because applications with pictures are downloaded 10 times more. At first I wanted to download images from pixabay, but they told me that they would ban me if I did that.
They explained to me that I must either use paid images or my own. Since my apps are free, I have no money for paid images.
I began to learn drawing. And I can't draw. I take drawing tools in GIMP / Paint and I don’t know what to do with them. It does not even come out to repeat the lessons. Everything turns out wrong.
I lack imagination, and it is very difficult to draw pictures with a mouse.
I don’t have the money to buy Adobe Photoshop. I do not know what the matter is, but I have not found a single crack of the new version of Photoshop. Previously, there were many. Even in the Russian forums I am banned and refuse to send me a crack.
I don't know what to do, I'm depressed. I sat behind these drawing lessons for a long time. But I can't do anything.
What should I do?

Hello!
At first I wanted to download images from pixabay, but they told me that they would ban me if I did that.
They explained to me that I must either use paid images or my own.

Are you saying that GOOGLE said they would ban you if you used Pixabay photos?

I'm curious about this. Did they give any indication of their reasoning, or where in the TOS it says that you can't use legally acquired royalty-free images?

Not quite google. I asked experienced developers and they told me that Google prohibits the use of pixabay images. And what do they do the images themselves.
Pixabay images are watermarked. I cut these water marks, and this is prohibited in their license. To remove watermarks, they need to pay.
And completely free images are usually not needed. Usually when I look for the necessary pictures, I only come across pictures with water marks.

Not quite google. I asked experienced developers and they told me that Google prohibits the use of pixabay images. And what do they do the images themselves.
Pixabay images are watermarked. I cut these water marks, and this is prohibited in their license. To remove watermarks, they need to pay.
And completely free images are usually not needed. Usually when I look for the necessary pictures, I only come across pictures with water marks.

Well you can't do that of course. And you likely would get banned.

As for completely free(libre & gratis) images without watermarks you can use, no ideas, apart from what you might create yourself, that's it.

You say your app is free, but does it have ads in it?

I don't see anything about that on pixabay. Their license agreement doesn't say anything like that:
And after poking around some I don't see any watermarks.
In fact:
https://pixabay.com/forum/questions-about-pixabay-11/pixabay-stamp-or-watermark-630/

So, rereading what you said, it seems that you've presented things initially a little differently than is the actual case.

You can't find the images you want free, so you want to use ones that are watermarked, but you want to do that without paying for them. That's not an option. If you're not paying, you use what's available. Use the free images that are available, or use free software like GIMP to make your own. If you want free, you work with what there is.

@beeper I'm afraid this is going to sound harsh, but I think a reality check is in order.

You're talking about things like illegal copies of Photoshop and illegally removing watermarks from copyrighted images. Not good!

The GIMP, at least on Linux--which is what I use--is more than capable of anything you've indicated needing. Don't worry about not being able to afford Photoshop or trying to obtain an illegal copy of it--just forget PS, you don't need it. Familiarize yourself with the GIMP instead.

There are sites where you can pay very little money for use of images. Photographers upload their photos and make a few cents each time one is purchased. I don't know any specific sites now, but I know they're out there, and a simple search should lead you to them.

You can also try Flickr. When people upload their photos there, they're asked how or whether the pictures can be used by others. Some people offer free use even for commercial purposes. It's worth a look.

Then there are subscription-based image sites, such as Clipart.com, which has a 1-week subscription for $12.95!

Doing things legally doesn't have to be costly--and it beats the hell out of living with a guilty conscience, to say nothing of being sued and/or prosecuted for using illegal methods.

Back
Top Bottom