• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where's the love sprint

floorguy

So i am reading over on phonescoop.com and they talk about telenav and sprint coming out with a new app..

and it works on GB 2.3, and they mention almost every 2.3 phone for sprint BUT the photon???

WTF where is the love

lol

So i am reading over on phonescoop.com and they talk about telenav and sprint coming out with a new app..

and it works on GB 2.3, and they mention almost every 2.3 phone for sprint BUT the photon???

WTF where is the love

lol

Directly from telenavs press release:

"TeleNav GPS Navigator 7.1 brings personalized navigation and search to Android phones from Sprint running Android 2.3, Gingerbread, such as the recently launched Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch and LG Marquee, as well as HTC EVO 3D, Kyocera Milano and Samsung Replenish."

where does it say that the photon wouldn't get it? "the such as" part is just giving examples of phones, not the only phones that can use it

WTF..... where is the reading comprehension

lol
TeleNav GPS Navigator 7.1 Launches on Android Devices from Sprint

Why is TeleNav better than Google Navigation?

Telenav voice modulation is farrr better than google navigation, telenav fit and finish is much better. Telenav is much closer to how stand alone gps units are. now with the upcoming release it will reroute around traffic.

The Telenav service is included with all of the sprint smartphone plans. The software is free (the online service is what you pay for as part of your smartphone package). Like google nav it requires an online connection to download maps while navigating.

One significant advantage that Google Nav has over Sprint Nav (unless this is another improvement in the update, which I haven't seen) is that Google Nav caches maps for a route. Thus, if you lose signal and need to reroute (within limits), Google Nav can handle it. Sprint Nav can't.

One significant advantage that Google Nav has over Sprint Nav (unless this is another improvement in the update, which I haven't seen) is that Google Nav caches maps for a route. Thus, if you lose signal and need to reroute (within limits), Google Nav can handle it. Sprint Nav can't.

On top of that, telenav seems to be much more of a battery hog than Google nav. I actually noticed that more on my EVO than I do on my MoPho.

Both Nav apps really do have a lot of pros and cons. If Google were to buy out Telenav and integrate the best of both worlds, that would be ideal. There are certain things that I do like a lot about Telenav (especially the traffic re-routing). There are other things that I like better with Google.

The way I use them right now is, if I'm going to an area of L.A. that I'm not familiar with, I'll use Telenav (so it can re-route me if traffic is an issue). For areas I'm familiar with, but just haven't been to a specific place (e.g. restaurant, club, bar, etc.), I'll just use google nav.

Directly from telenavs press release:

"TeleNav GPS Navigator 7.1 brings personalized navigation and search to Android phones from Sprint running Android 2.3, Gingerbread, such as the recently launched Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch and LG Marquee, as well as HTC EVO 3D, Kyocera Milano and Samsung Replenish."

where does it say that the photon wouldn't get it? "the such as" part is just giving examples of phones, not the only phones that can use it

WTF..... where is the reading comprehension

lol
TeleNav GPS Navigator 7.1 Launches on Android Devices from Sprint

For 1 I knew what it meant, i was being funny....

for 2 the photon is twice the phone of most those...so why did they not list it??? the Kyocera and replenish??? really?? 2 samsung notes, and nooo motorola??

oh well at least we get SOFTWARE SUPPORT!!!!!

For 1 I knew what it meant, i was being funny....

for 2 the photon is twice the phone of most those...so why did they not list it??? the Kyocera and replenish??? really?? 2 samsung notes, and nooo motorola??

oh well at least we get SOFTWARE SUPPORT!!!!!

For 1 I'm being funny too... but keep in mind this is how nasty rumors get started and then it spreads from forums to blogs and half truths end up being exploited/exaggerated.

for 2 I agree with you that the Photon is twice the phone than most of them listed, but the Photon is aimed at being a "business" device and telenav only seemed to mention strictly consumer focused smart phones. I'm sure the motorola xprt can use it as well since it is a 2.3 device.

Just remember, we have the best supported android phone on sprint right now (both 1st party and 3rd party).

For 1 I'm being funny too... but keep in mind this is how nasty rumors get started and then it spreads from forums to blogs and half truths end up being exploited/exaggerated.

for 2 I agree with you that the Photon is twice the phone than most of them listed, but the Photon is aimed at being a "business" device and telenav only seemed to mention strictly consumer focused smart phones. I'm sure the motorola xprt can use it as well since it is a 2.3 device.

Just remember, we have the best supported android phone on sprint right now (both 1st party and 3rd party).

Hellz ya...maybe on any carrier :::fist bump right here:::: :D:D:D:D

Telenav is free? lol
I never used it thinking it wasn't free. go figure.

I always did google maps to locate an address. it finds it. then select the menu button and choose Directions then I select that Star Trek emblem arrow icon and Google Maps Navigation opens up. Never really though of using telenav.

I'm going to have to try it on my next trip.

TS

Telenav is free? lol
I never used it thinking it wasn't free. go figure.

I always did google maps to locate an address. it finds it. then select the menu button and choose Directions then I select that Star Trek emblem arrow icon and Google Maps Navigation opens up. Never really though of using telenav.

I'm going to have to try it on my next trip.

TS

Hahaha...Yeah, TS! I actually used to use Telenav more often than Google Nav when I first got my EVO. The one thing I can say about Telenav is the functionality of re-routing away from traffic incidents.

Thing is, at least with the EVO, it used to make the phone work harder than Google Nav. Both have their advantages/disadvantages, so I actually use them both, depending on the circumstances.

i use to use telenav to find cheap gas around...before i got into the "smartphones"

now i use gas buddy from the market...love the map feature of it...then youc an scroll and look around....

assuming someone reports

Back
Top Bottom