• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which light Novel should I read as my first?

I plan on buying my first Light Novel in a shop around me during this COVID-19. I have a watched some anime like (shinka no mi novel), but I want to read some book series as well. Do you have any recommendations on some Book I should start with?

Last edited:
I think the OP means "Light Novel" in the sense of a sort of Japanese "Young Adult" novel (apologies for a probably inaccurate cultural analogy, I've only done cursory research) rather than generic light reading.

This isn't a widely-known term in Europe, and I guess not in the US. I'd never heard it myself, it was just the capitalisation and the connection the OP made to anime that made me suspect this might be a Japanese genre and look it up.

I think the OP means "Light Novel" in the sense of a sort of Japanese "Young Adult" novel (apologies for a probably inaccurate cultural analogy, I've only done cursory research) rather than generic light reading.

This isn't a widely-known term in Europe, and I guess not in the US. I'd never heard it myself, it was just the capitalisation and the connection the OP made to anime that made me suspect this might be a Japanese genre and look it up.

Ah, now I know what the OP means. Many of our middle school students like to read them things. Maybe I should ask them, what's the best to read. I just called them "comics", as the Manga stuff is what's mostly available to students in China.

Manga are comics rather than text novels.

Can't say about direction of reading: as I don't read Japanese the only Japanese literature I've read has been translated, and I've never looked closely at a Japanese book (which feels like a terrible admission to make).

Death Note is a great light novel, the black editions is pretty good.
Highly recomended also the Neon Eva Gensis light novels too.

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy is not light but I really liked it, I recently read it and it is exceptional. I mean, yes, a lot depends on everyone's preferences. Books are the ones that broaden our imagination, enrich our knowledge and of course, help us in life.

I plan on buying my first Light Novel in a shop around me during this COVID-19. I have a watched some anime like (shinka no mi novel), but I want to read some book series as well. Do you have any recommendations on some Book I should start with?
Death Note The Black Edition, also there is a light novel of Evaligeion it is pretty amazing too :) I do have a few Light Novels in my collection. I read them every once a spell.

Back
Top Bottom