• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which Mobile Browser to Use???

I wanted to thank all those who responded to my query about mobile browsers and what they thought about them. I've heard both about your standard browsers and also about browsers that I've never heard of. I've also learned which browsers to stay away from, Cheetah Mobile...

I've been installing several of them and really haven't found one that I like as much as Dolphin. Yes I understand that I'm being data mined, but as one self proclaimed Dolphin user posted - what he's doing with his Dolphin browser isn't at all confidential... It got me thinking that, which browser isn't data mining you either for experience and analytics or to customize which ads that you see. In my case the Dolphin folks will or already have learned that I read the tech magazines, enjoy politics and occasionally look at the ladies (Maxim I swear...).

I'm going to try Boat browser which someone posted as it's very customizable but I'm also going to appreciate everything that's been posted and maybe urge those tech mags that I read to rank some browsers (both well known and obscure).

Upvote 0
I wanted to thank all those who responded to my query about mobile browsers and what they thought about them. I've heard both about your standard browsers and also about browsers that I've never heard of. I've also learned which browsers to stay away from, Cheetah Mobile...

I've been installing several of them and really haven't found one that I like as much as Dolphin. Yes I understand that I'm being data mined, but as one self proclaimed Dolphin user posted - what he's doing with his Dolphin browser isn't at all confidential... It got me thinking that, which browser isn't data mining you either for experience and analytics or to customize which ads that you see. In my case the Dolphin folks will or already have learned that I read the tech magazines, enjoy politics and occasionally look at the ladies (Maxim I swear...).

Well I don't like seeing the browser itself doing it's own ads, rather than what I actually want to look at, which is what Dolphin does, it's in their EULA. As for data mining and my privacy, I prefer my stuff being held on servers outside of China, that the CPC doesn't have access to, rather than in this country. And I try to do that as much as possible, by using a VPN and non-Chinese browsers, including writing this post. ;)

Reactions: BrickHouse
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones