• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which T-Mobile phone should replace Behold II

I returned my Slide and am waiting for the Galaxy S. It will be supported by Samsung as it's their first flagship phone and it's important to them to surpass Apple. It will also be the best smartphone to date.

What odds do you want to put on the galaxy S seeing gingerbread? What about ho-ho?

It will be there flagship phone for 6 months, 9 at the most. And then what happens?

What odds do you want to put on the galaxy S seeing gingerbread? What about ho-ho?

It will be there flagship phone for 6 months, 9 at the most. And then what happens?

after gingerbread google would be setting their updates for yearly so it wouldn't exactly matter after that hagen daz or whaever dessert you wanna call it won't be out till next year after gingerbread rolls out. The amount of money they are spending on this I highly doubt they will abandon it. If not some developer will get someone hacking and getting us a Custom Rom this thing went off in to 100 countries not including USA yet chances of them abandoning that amount of devices is slim to none and the chances of nobody getting around to creating a Rom filled with the upgrade is slim to none as well.

Is anyone considering the Galaxy S?

It releases July 21 for right around $200 after rebate.

I figure that even if Samsung leaves this one stranded on Froyo that as long as they stay with TW3 on their next phone then someone can port the next version of android fairly easy, right?

I'm considering it. I'll give Samsung another chance; if they screw up a huge release like this, I'll bail for good. But I'm not sure if I should wait for something better later this year...

After all that has happened there is NO WAY IN HELL I will ever buy another Samsung phone.

Screw me once, shame on you.... screw me twice shame on me!

I'm just sayin...

I think I'll start the lemon process with mine and stretch it out until the Galaxy S comes out. I don't really want another Samsung phone, but the main reason I got this phone was for the camera with a flash and the Android update. None of the other Android phones have a flash, so they are not comparable for me. At least I won't have an obselete phone.

I'm considering it. I'll give Samsung another chance; if they screw up a huge release like this, I'll bail for good. But I'm not sure if I should wait for something better later this year...

On tmobile with android I guarantee you it will not get any better than this.

I think I'll start the lemon process with mine and stretch it out until the Galaxy S comes out. I don't really want another Samsung phone, but the main reason I got this phone was for the camera with a flash and the Android update. None of the other Android phones have a flash, so they are not comparable for me. At least I won't have an obselete phone.

The N1 has one, and that should be showing up in stores "soon".

Has anyone who has won the phone from the giveaway contest held late last year been able to trade in there phone at T-Mobile? I guess I could trade it in at Walmart and pony up the rest for the slide or use that money to get a nexus one. Not sure but I would love to know if T-Mobile needs to be the one who sold you the phone in order for you to upgrade.

Has anyone who has won the phone from the giveaway contest held late last year been able to trade in there phone at T-Mobile? I guess I could trade it in at Walmart and pony up the rest for the slide or use that money to get a nexus one. Not sure but I would love to know if T-Mobile needs to be the one who sold you the phone in order for you to upgrade.

I advise you not to do that keep the bh2 or sell it and wait till June 19th TmoNews just figured out that the reason tmo is opening early that day is that basically all smart phones will be free.

I advise you not to do that keep the bh2 or sell it and wait till June 19th TmoNews just figured out that the reason tmo is opening early that day is that basically all smart phones will be free.

But how will that help? I'm only one year into my contract and they are only talking about new family plan customers. Yes I am on a family plan but I can't sign up for a new one.

Also the plan seems to only suggest one phone is free. When you buy the plan that means all the extra lines might cost the regular subsidized price.

On tmobile with android I guarantee you it will not get any better than this.

That's what I figured. I made a mistake, I suppose, with the Behold. Barring any seriously negative reviews, this may be the way to go. I don't like sliders, and a thinner phone might be nice. Then again, the Nexus One may significant for a while....?

Then again, the Nexus One may [be] significant for a while....?

I'd count on it, the CPU and 2D graphics benchmarks aren't that far off the Galaxy S's, and it has the same ram. And the N1 has alot of ROM (way less than the Galaxy S, but still ALOT). Performance wise it's definitely in the pack of current and upcoming phones.

And its the GOOGLE phone. I'm 100% sure they're going to keep it's OS current for a LONG time.

That's what I figured. I made a mistake, I suppose, with the Behold. Barring any seriously negative reviews, this may be the way to go. I don't like sliders, and a thinner phone might be nice. Then again, the Nexus One may significant for a while....?

Nexus is soon going to be done they are going to have to come out with the next nexus sooner or later. Although this is google's product it has lasted significantly long for a device. I imagine early next year google will have the next nexus. I'm sure the current Nexus will get up to gingerbread and plus one afterwards but google did the nexus originally to set the standard and that standard is becoming more and more a reality that there needs to be a new standard. Maybe 1.5ghz processors maybe even 2ghz processors.

We all made a mistake with this behold 2. some of us won it and some of us paid for it but a mistake nevertheless.Samsung Galaxy S is a beast of phone and the reps claimed that they would most definitely see froyo. This phones launched in 100 countries so far there is no chance of samsung going back on that word to 100 countries. Unless they really don't want to be in the smart phone business anymore of course.

Also not to mention either 8gb or 16gb internal memory MUCH more space for apps and then you can still add up to 32gb's on a micro sd card. FM radio is what gots me sold and then can interact with samsungs tv through dlna.

Well, I called today to report that my phone is randomly rebooting and every time it does it uninstalls about 4-5 apps. It was doing it every couple of days or so at first now it is daily. They are sending me a new battery. I am already on my 4th phone from them. So, a couple more calls with issues should do it.

Also not to mention either 8gb or 16gb internal memory MUCH more space for apps and then you can still add up to 32gb's on a micro sd card. FM radio is what gots me sold and then can interact with samsungs tv through dlna.

Is the Galaxy S going to have a flash or not? I'm seeing a lot of mixed reports and didn't know if you knew or not, since you are backing it so much. If it doesn't, I guess I'll have to try for the N1. Rumor has it it will hit the stores on June 19th.

Is the Galaxy S going to have a flash or not? I'm seeing a lot of mixed reports and didn't know if you knew or not, since you are backing it so much. If it doesn't, I guess I'll have to try for the N1. Rumor has it it will hit the stores on June 19th.

No, it's a 2.1 version of Android. I highly doubt they upgraded touchwiz 3.0 it to 2.2 in a couple weeks.

As it stands now I will not be getting the Galaxy S but I have thought about it.

I will give Samsung a pass on the i7500 not getting updated since its basically a G1 under the hood.

The Behold II was a debacle. It should get the update but won't.

I hope Samsung knows that they are treading on thin ice in the Android world and seeing as how the Behold II will make the baby jump from 1.5 to 1.6 officially, with the Galaxy S launching on 2.1 if it only makes one baby jump that would mean Froyo which should give it a good 12-18 month life cycle which is pretty much the average life in the world of Android right?

SAMSUNG GALAXY S

Why is Samsung Watching us SLEEP?!? WTF!!!

Back to your question, I doesn't look like it has a flash.

Android 2.2 has flash so once it gets that update your set.

Unless your talking about camera flash the no it does not but what is the point of led flash anyway? Its always too bright or not bright enough anyway.

On June 19th.. T-Mobile will be offering ALL PHONES for free! But you have to get on a family plan to get a free phone.

T-Mobile Making All Phones Free June 19th | Android Phone Fans

Out of the T-Mobiles phones, I would get the Mytouch Slide. That phone is on 2.1 and will be getting updated to 2.2 froyo according to HTC! All 2010 HTC phones will get updated!

But I rather would get a Google Nexus One! You will get updates directly from Google! Just to bad T-Mobile don't sell these phones in the stores. The phone is a bad ass

Nexus is soon going to be done they are going to have to come out with the next nexus sooner or later. Although this is google's product it has lasted significantly long for a device. I imagine early next year google will have the next nexus. I'm sure the current Nexus will get up to gingerbread and plus one afterwards but google did the nexus originally to set the standard and that standard is becoming more and more a reality that there needs to be a new standard. Maybe 1.5ghz processors maybe even 2ghz processors.

We all made a mistake with this behold 2. some of us won it and some of us paid for it but a mistake nevertheless.Samsung Galaxy S is a beast of phone and the reps claimed that they would most definitely see froyo. This phones launched in 100 countries so far there is no chance of samsung going back on that word to 100 countries. Unless they really don't want to be in the smart phone business anymore of course.

I was thinking the same...With such a wide release, Samsung must be serious about standing behind this phone *cross fingers*. I like the idea of getting quick updates from Google with the Nexus, but I like the longevity of the Galaxy S...I'll probably get Galaxy S. At least I'll go into this knowing what's happened with the Behold, and should it happen again, I'll blame myself and not consider Samsung again.

I was thinking the same...With such a wide release, Samsung must be serious about standing behind this phone *cross fingers*. I like the idea of getting quick updates from Google with the Nexus, but I like the longevity of the Galaxy S...I'll probably get Galaxy S. At least I'll go into this knowing what's happened with the Behold, and should it happen again, I'll blame myself and not consider Samsung again.

Yeah true always 3 times till a strike out

This Behold 2 is one strike

They may hit a home run with the Galaxy S due to it intending to be iPhone 4 competition. I definitely love the option to have FM Radio and not many androids have it as well as the Super AMOLED screen.

Back
Top Bottom