• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which tablet should I get, the Acer Iconia Tab A100 or the Le Pan TC 970

NinjaBunnii

Lurker
Nov 21, 2011
Hi I'm new to forums and would like to know other peoples opinion between the two tablets, which would you buy?

Specs
:

Le Pan: Amazon.com: Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Multi-Touch LCD Google Android Tablet PC: Computers & Accessories

Acer: Amazon.com: Acer Iconia Tab A100: Computers & Accessories

Review for the Acer: Acer Iconia Tab A100 Review - YouTube

Recer for the Le Pan: http://androidforums.com/general-tablet-talk/382269-anyone-heard-lepan-tc-970-a.html

At Best Buy on blackfriday, the Acer Iconia A100 will be selling for $189.99 and the Le Pan is selling at $198.98 at Comp USA. The only main difference I see is the size (the Acer is 7 inches and the Le Pan is 9.7) and the OS (Acer is 3.2 honeycomb while Le Pan is 2.2 Froyo). Another unofficial choice, since my mom is buying, is the Asus Transformer which sells for $249.99 at Best Buy on blackfriday.

Specs for the Asus Transformer: Official ASUS Eee Pad Transformer website goes live with full specs | TalkAndroid.com

For me, my two main choices are the Asus Transformer and the Acer Iconia A100.

Hi I'm new to forums and would like to know other peoples opinion between the two tablets, which would you buy?

Specs
:

Le Pan: Amazon.com: Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Multi-Touch LCD Google Android Tablet PC: Computers & Accessories

Acer: Amazon.com: Acer Iconia Tab A100: Computers & Accessories

Review for the Acer: Acer Iconia Tab A100 Review - YouTube

Recer for the Le Pan: http://androidforums.com/general-tablet-talk/382269-anyone-heard-lepan-tc-970-a.html

The only main difference I see is the size (the Acer is 7 inches and the Le Pan is 9.7) and the OS (Acer is 3.2 honeycomb while Le Pan is 2.2 Froyo)

Actually, size and operating system are not the only things different. The Acer Iconia tab has a DUAL CORE 1Ghz processor whereas the LePan has a SINGLE CORE 1Ghz processor. Also the LePan has half a gig of ram and the Iconia tab has a full gig. Though the LePan has a larger screen, I would personally suggest the Iconia tab over the LePan because it has more power and is more up to date in terms of hardware and software, though the Iconia Tab does have its flaws (along with every other tablet) such as low battery life and limited viewing angles, but that is a separate argument. Even with these flaws I still think the Iconia tab is better. However, the Transformer has the best of both worlds, dual core processor, full gig of Ram and a 10 inch screen. If you can get the Transformer, I would go for that over the other two any day. I hope this helps at least clear up some of the differences:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones