• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

who all uses google hangout?

mach1man

Android Expert
Just wondering who all uses google hangout? If you do use it do you like it? Is it like a regular messaging app?

I would if it didn't turn the Enter key into a Smiley key.
And I don't want to change the keyboard as I like to use Swype.

Pep

I've used it in the past and liked it. We use group messaging at work to communicate back and forth (4 people), so Hangouts doesn't get used as much anymore. I have not tried the SMS part of Hangouts so I can't comment on it.

I would if it didn't turn the Enter key into a Smiley key.
And I don't want to change the keyboard as I like to use Swype.

Pep

Yes the smiley is annoying. I'm using swift key and its still forcing the smiley over the carriage return. Weird.

I like Hangouts though. After using Handcent for 4 yrs and having continued problems with pictures not being added, this is nice.

Its my main internet messenger. I have used it plenty for SMS, but not using it as of now. It works very well. But there are a few things I don't like about it for regular sms.

You cannot send or receive contact cards via .vcf ...you have to use email. Also, I don't like that I cannot get direct to the persons contact card by touching there photo, like you can with stock messengers. You have to back out and go into Contacts.

I use it for one friend who only has 250 texts per month on his plan so he uses hangout to text people.

everyone else I use the stock text app.

Just wondering who all uses google hangout? If you do use it do you like it? Is it like a regular messaging app?

I like it and use it. Prefer Chat On though but i can't use either app to reply to messages on my Galaxy Gear. Samsung are a bit backwards that way. I can understand not being able to on hangouts as its a Google owned app but chat on? Its their own app. How stupid

Back
Top Bottom