• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Who's Still Flashing?

Do you still flash new ROMs?

• Total voters

DC E1G

Nov 25, 2010
Canada
Hey all,

I haven't been around here much at all in the past year or so, but when I first got my Desire I was here all the time and many people here provided me with awesome help and suggestions. So I was just wondering, for those of you who are long time Desire owners (I've had mine since it was released in Canada), and who still use their Desire as a daily device, do you still flash many ROMs?

I say this because I haven't flashed a new ROM in nearly a year. Not because there isn't anything out there, but because I find the new ROMs for the Desire look like they just aren't as reliable as the good ole Oxygen Gingerbread ROM I've been running. If you are still flashing, what are you running?

Cheers

DC

TBH apart from a brief experiment with an ICS ROM (few hours) and a couple of days with MildWild Oxygen I've been running dGB all year. I do occasionally think I should try something different, mainly if I find my space running low (currently around 60MB, anything less than 50 I feel twitchy with), but it's not got severe enough for me to actually do it ;)

There's a bit of me thinks I should give a proper try to ICS at least, see how it's come on on the Desire. But I'm pretty busy ATM and the phone is working fine without, so it's not happened so far.

Upvote 0
Yeah storage is a potential concern but I don't store lots of music or movies on my phone and with Dropbox and Google Drive handling stuff I should be OK, especially as Dropbox will automatically upload new camera shots :D

Hey coming from the Desire it just wouldn't be fun if you didn't have to find a storage workaround ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones