• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why can't I take a Portrait shot on my Note 2

SHIVA77

Android Enthusiast
I am sure I have a wrong setting somewhere, but I can't find it. Using either the stock camera or an app such as CameraZoom with the screen tilt lock unchecked, my Note II will not take a portrait shot. Every time I hold the phone in portrait mode the camera just shows me a sliver of an image, sideways, in landscape. Like it trying to fit a landscape image in portrait.

Any ideas?

I am sure I have a wrong setting somewhere, but I can't find it. Using either the stock camera or an app such as CameraZoom with the screen tilt lock unchecked, my Note II will not take a portrait shot. Every time I hold the phone in portrait mode the camera just shows me a sliver of an image, sideways, in landscape. Like it trying to fit a landscape image in portrait.

Any ideas?

Hello Shiva77. In the main (not camera) Settings menu > Display, do you have the "auto rotate" box checked?

it's not the auto-rotate, I have tried it with it checked and unchecked.

It's something else. I was using rotation lock from HD Widgets, but I removed that and restarted the phone and still no good. I have two camera apps, stock and cameraZoom. I had a 3rd one that I just removed, thinking it could be that. no help.

it's not the auto-rotate, I have tried it with it checked and unchecked.

It's something else. I was using rotation lock from HD Widgets, but I removed that and restarted the phone and still no good. I have two camera apps, stock and cameraZoom. I had a 3rd one that I just removed, thinking it could be that. no help.

Sounds like about that time... you know... Factory Reset time. Sorry bud, I know sorting through the Play Store "My Apps" list to re-install them can be annoying. But having a properly working stock camera is worth it. You're not rooted are you?

not rooted. called Samsung yesterday, they said they same thing. I'll see if I can resolve this without resetting. but it seems to be affecting my video calling too. something got weird with the portrait mode in all apps that use the camera.

Back
Top Bottom