• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why does one of my tablets not have the 5.1.1 update?

JohnJSal

Android Expert
I have two Nexus 7 tablets, and yesterday I updated one from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1. Today I'm trying to do the same for the other one, but so far I've only been able to upgrade to 5.1. There are no further notifications for 5.1.1 and trying to do it manually also shows that the tablet is up to date.

Is this normal for two different tablets to not have the same updates pushed to them? Should I have 5.1.1 on this tablet as well?

Thanks.

It isn't uncommon for OTAs to show up at different times for different devices. That is more common when the updates are first released though.

I don't think anyone figured out the secret code to googles update schedule yet, lol. How they pick which ones get updated first. But 5.1.1 has been out for a while, that should have hit instantly. You can always side load it yourself, or flash the factory image without wiping data.

::sigh::

Now the first tablet has the Marshmallow update, and the second one still doesn't have 5.1.1 yet. :-(

You can do it without wiping data. There are instructions out there. You remove a ~w from the flash all.bat file. Or you can use wugfresh toolkit. From here
You can still take ota after flashing a factory image. You can also use the toolkit to sideload the ota zip. I can get you a link to the ota zips if you like.

You can do it without wiping data. There are instructions out there. You remove a ~w from the flash all.bat file. Or you can use wugfresh toolkit. From here
You can still take ota after flashing a factory image. You can also use the toolkit to sideload the ota zip. I can get you a link to the ota zips if you like.

Wow, that already sounds scary. I just wish it would work like it should.

Wow, that already sounds scary. I just wish it would work like it should.
Actually, wugs toolkit is point and click. Super easy. Just set up drivers properly (its in the kit). Just plug in and click "flash stock + unroot". Select no wipe option, and go. It downloads all the files for you.

Oddly, I now have the update to download and install 6.0.1. I still have never received the 5.1.1 update, so is it safe to install Marshmallow?

Back
Top Bottom