• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why some app icons missing when phone in landscape?

spman

Android Enthusiast
After unlock note8 phone, I rotate phone to landscape and I see the usual 5 icons: phone, message, internet, playstore, camera. Phone still in landscape, I swipe up and then swipe left/right and cannot see all the app icons, about 10 to 20 app icons missing.

When the phone is portrait, I swipe up and I can see all app icons.

Do you experience the same thing? Why lesser app icons is shown when phone is landscape? What is the problem with my phone?

Thanks

It's your launcher, which controls your home screen.
Install a different launcher from the play store

I did not install any launcher since the first day I got the phone, I am using the default launcher.

Anyway I just updated my phone and now is Android version 8.0.0, Samsung Experience Version 9.0 I cannot rotate the phone to landscape while I am in home screen.

I am just wondering if you guys can check what happens if you use the default samsung launcher and rotate to landscape? Does the screen rotate to landscape? Do you see lesser app icons like I mentioned? Just wanted to check with you guys to make a comparison to see what is the actual thing by default, just to see if my phone is faulty

After a major update of the firmware , its best to factory reset the phone. It’s difficult for anyone over the internet to fully understand you issue because you may have other apps that could be causing your issues. Could be the apps incompatibility with the current firmware version, etc etc...

Just best to factory reset and clean out old tangled, junk files, etc.

I use note launcher also and the custom setting of that app are worth the price of admission.

Does factory reset clean out the updates?
I mean if I bought the phone in 2018 and I have updated it a few times, after factory reset I assume the phone would be just like when the first day when I unbox from the sealed box correct?
Would I need to download the updates and install them again?

Is there a way to revert to an older android version after an update? I mean if the update causes some problems, is it possible to uninstall the update to go back to the version before the update?

I wonder does anyone do a backup before update android, I imagine the scenario like updating Windows 10 if there is error I could uninstall the update to restore to the previous state.

Back
Top Bottom