• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why thank you, Verizon

Thats

That guy is This
Well today I went into VZW to buy my Galaxy Nexus, expecting to pay about $700 for full retail. Turns out that the Rep couldn't get the phone to ring up at any other price that upgrade price!! Why thank you verizon!! :D

So after Military Discount and not actually using one of my upgrades, I walked out with a brand new Galaxy Nexus for $311.18. Not too bad if I do say so myself!

I can't wait to go root and unlock this beauty! I hope to get to meet all of you guys around here!

And to Worm, Stephen, DV and a few of the other guides from previous phones I owned, I'm glad to see you guys again!

man I wish I had known that glitch was a remote possibility, I might not have added a new line for mine lol. Very grats on the making out tho!

Nice to meet you all! :)

I ran out of the mall so fast, it felt like stealing!

Already have this baby running IMO kernel underneath a AOKP ROM. I love this phone! These devs are some great men and women to have these awesome ROMs with so much baked into them already!

Wish the VZW corp store here would have given me that kind of military discount when I got my Nexus. I had to start a new line just to get mine lol. Guess it did give my daughter a phone but still. And they say every day is armed forces day here in middle GA rofl.

Did you check your account online after this?

Might have defaulted to a renewal price since you said you had a renewal available!

If you called *611 or went to your online account to verify, then CONGRATS!!!!! But I'll bet there's a follow up that we never see....

Did you check your account online after this?

Might have defaulted to a renewal price since you said you had a renewal available!

If you called *611 or went to your online account to verify, then CONGRATS!!!!! But I'll bet there's a follow up that we never see....

I checked the website when I got home! All three of my phones had the same Upgrade statuses! The nearest upgrade is in June, so there was nothing to default to!

The same thing happened to me when I bought mine on release day. I was far from due for an upgrade -- I used my upgrade to get a Tbolt last March. The rep couldn't figure out why it was happening either -- he said "maybe it has to do with your corporate plan." As far as I know, all my corporate discount gets me is 15% off my bill. Anyway, I told the guy I owed him a beer and left with a GNex for far less money than I planned to spend, and there have been no surprises on my account yet.

Back
Top Bottom