• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Widget and Text Input problems, can anyone help?

My Optimus 3D has suddenly developed some serious problems and I have no idea what is going on.

First indication was Power Off refused to work, it would blank the screen but the backlight and capacitive button light would remain on forever. So I have had to force off by holding the power button.

After doing this a few times its now taking AGES to finish bootup and most of the widgets are working sporadically. One minute they will be working, the next they won't and might respond to a touch half an hour later. Yet, a few of them still work fine. I have tested using LG Home as well as Launcher Pro, the same problem occurs on both.

Worst problem of all though is typing has stopped working. First time it did it I simply rebooted and it worked again, but its stopped functioning again and rebooting every day is unacceptable when it was fine before.

Basically any text input form I press, the keyboard pops up and I start typing, but the text doesn't go into the text input field. This is with any keyboard selected.

This is really frustrating as prior to these problems I was really loving this phone and hardly ever had to reboot it.

It seems it all started after something caused the phone to reboot itself in the night (the bootup jingle woke me but I was too tired to check) and then I think it locked up during the reboot as battery monitor widget shows no log entries after the reboot, just the battery suddenly at 100% again as I charged it before powering it back up the next day.

I would prefer to know how to fix it in case it happens again but if I am forced to restore to factory settings, any advise for what and how to backup what is on there so I have minimal work to get it back to this state (hopefully without the glitches)?

I have had both internal and external SD mounted over Mass Storage and done an error check from Windows on them which found no errors, as I suspected it was corruption on internal SD but clearly not.

Have you done the software update to 10d?

Theres not much activity on here, you might get more help on the XDA developers forum LG 3D area.

Pete

Have you done the software update to 10d?

Theres not much activity on here, you might get more help on the XDA developers forum LG 3D area.

Pete

Yes been on 10d for a while now, although it sounds like 10e is due any time now so fingers crossed that will help.

Thing is, if something is wrong doing an update might also fail and its much more of a PITA to fix if it won't boot.

I actually figured out what is wrong and its bizarre. It was my router!

Basically I upgraded DD-WRT to the latest version (which has since been taken offline so obviously buggy) and it caused all the above symptoms. The instant I disconnected from WiFi all events which were meant to happen suddenly happened all at the same time, then everything was back to normal. Connect to WiFi and it hangs again.

I have no idea how a bug on my router can cause such a wide variety of problems but there you go. Downgraded the router back to the previous firmware and all is well again.

Back
Top Bottom