• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Widgets not selectable on ADW

jeffzz421

Jan 19, 2011
So I just got this phone today and its freaking sweet. Rooted cwm and all that. Now I just cant figure out why widgets like my beloved power control widget isn't available in ADW launcher yet works just fine on the stock launcher??? Anybody encounter any stuff like this?? Id love to have that widget available on my fav launcher so this is imperative. Hehe...

Thanks guys,
jeff Z

You can have all the widgets including the stock ones work on any launcher. All you need is THIS Download it and DO NOT INSTALL IT, just move/copy/place it in your system>app folder then go back to your home screen and long press and set a widget. You may have to reboot but normally just placing it in there works right away ;)

Upvote 0
You can have all the widgets including the stock ones work on any launcher. All you need is THIS Download it and DO NOT INSTALL IT, just move/copy/place it in your system>app folder then go back to your home screen and long press and set a widget. You may have to reboot but normally just placing it in there works right away ;)

Can you explain the process on how to move it into our system? What app to use? thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones