• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Widgetsoid 2.x issue: 4G toggle

Kimochero

Hello there,
I just bought a Photon 4G (i'm new in the world of smartphone/android), and downloaded the Widgetsoid 2.x (free). I was planning on getting the donation one after seeing how it works; however, the 4G toggle can't be checked to have it as a widget (on/off). Is that only on the free edition that you cannot check?? what is "experimental" (it says in btween parenthesis on 4G)?.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

I think someone mentioned in another thread somewhere that the 4G toggle is somehow very phone dependent and it doesn't work for the MoPho yet. I don't think it has anything to do with the version. But if you check my posting history you'll see I am often wrong about these things, lol.

That said, it widgetsoid is a phenomenal app. Use it for everything else and enjoy!!

The 4G toggle *only* works for HTC phones with WiMax (i.e., the Evo line). It sadly does not work on the Photon (and won't work on the Galaxy SII, either) until the developer figures out how to update that particular feature. Widgetsoid is a great app, especially for a free version, but buying it won't help this particular issue.

You can create a "workaround" for a 4G toggle (it'll work similar to how the GPS toggle works). You just have to choose the following:

Shortcut>Application>4G Stats

When made as a widget, it'll bring you to the 4G settings that you can turn on and off from there.

Thanks a lot guys for your input! i really appreciate it.
I just wanted to check that i'm not the only one having the 4G toggle issue with Widgetsoid. :)
I'll look into other options, and hope that the creator of widgetsoid have it fixed..

Thanks a lot guys for your input! i really appreciate it.
I just wanted to check that i'm not the only one having the 4G toggle issue with Widgetsoid. :)
I'll look into other options, and hope that the creator of widgetsoid have it fixed..

It's not really something that I think the developer intends on fixing. If you look at the market page, it clearly says that the 4G toggle is only for the EVO 4g (although, I wouldn't be surprised if it works for all the different HTC phones). Maybe if there are enough inquiries, they'll eventually look into making it compatible for all 4G devices.

Nontheless, the option I gave you is a pretty decent one if you want to stick with widgetsoid for the 4G toggle.

Back
Top Bottom